When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Santos 100 owners

exper

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest shutter_bug
Great news, well not for me since I just got this but if there is an improved version coming I will definately be ugprading due to being a fan of the S100. Let's just hope they dont fix two things and spoil three

I am waiting for a S100 to arrive. The watch is very masculine.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news about the Improved version of the Santos 100?

I'm thinking of commissioning a new dial with correct numeral spacing if the new version is still far away and if no chrono version is out anytime soon (come on, it's within reach of the factories) , any interest on this dial?

I love this watch, thinking of getting a genuine one.... or maybe just get the rep, depending on how the new updated model is going to look like...

I guess that it is quite difficult to find gen Cartier parts for the Santos...

BTW how is the case and crown on the rep, and how is the overall quality, weight and feel of it?

Edited by the collector

• 3 weeks later...

I take that back I did notice the updated Santos on Josh's site. Swiss Made flaw is fixed but the textured dail still remains. Strap does look a little better.

The roman numerals 10 and 11 still don't touch.

The "Cartier" and "Automatic" spacing on the dail is still wrong.

I give up! :wounded1:

I someone can source a reworked dail I would be in!!

Edited by rocket754

Well spotted rocket, totally missed that one. The dial is still all wrong as you pointed out inc the spacing / sizing of the Cartier and Automatic, after looking at it I don't think it justifies the upgrade from this version so I guess thats some money saved :) Ah well, time to consider some other watch I guess

Well spotted rocket, totally missed that one. The dial is still all wrong as you pointed out inc the spacing / sizing of the Cartier and Automatic, after looking at it I don't think it justifies the upgrade from this version so I guess thats some money saved :) Ah well, time to consider some other watch I guess

I think they just used the cheaper auto movement dail in the ETA version is all. All it would take is a reworked dail to have this rep sale like hot cakes :D

I have two of the older ones, one tan and one black strap, since they can't be removed. They are still fun to wear sometimes, but the deployant gets uncomfortable after only one day of wear.

Still a great looking watch, I would go for a better version!

I have two of the older ones, one tan and one black strap, since they can't be removed.

The pins can be hammered out from one side, but you need to use a lot of force.

I'm getting a gen Santos strap and I will post some pics once it arrives. :)

About that SANTOS DIAL, I would like to commission a perfect dial, an idea where I should ask, any dealer here have the abilities to commission parts?

Given the fact that this is for a Cartier and not a PAM I believe only a few members are interrested.

Let me know about that ;) if this can be done this would be a great step forward.

About that SANTOS DIAL, I would like to commission a perfect dial, an idea where I should ask, any dealer here have the abilities to commission parts?

Given the fact that this is for a Cartier and not a PAM I believe only a few members are interrested.

Let me know about that ;) if this can be done this would be a great step forward.

The santos is a classic watch. I would be interested in trying to get a perfect dail.

Davidsen can probably help considering he is ever helpfull with requests for custom pam dials /models and so forth, he would need exact specifications and a high res image though. I think he needs a min order of something like 50 or so IIRC but thats if he can even do Cartier ones

Davidsen can probably help considering he is ever helpfull with requests for custom pam dials /models and so forth, he would need exact specifications and a high res image though. I think he needs a min order of something like 50 or so IIRC but thats if he can even do Cartier ones

Well lets get it done. :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

alright, will email him NOW.

About the rep santos strap, it's indeed very very poor, I had all the troubles of the world finding a strap maker willing to make me a custom strap, but maybe Aaron could help us to have the plastic patern inside the strap used to recreate a gen alligator Santos 100 strap ;)

Meanwhile High res pics of the Santos 100 dial could be usefull.

There has got to be some dealer that can make at 1:1 dial :bangin:

Lets get the santos 100 the credit it deserves.

Gen dial is on the right

73614-32032.jpg

alright, will email him NOW.

About the rep santos strap, it's indeed very very poor, I had all the troubles of the world finding a strap maker willing to make me a custom strap, but maybe Aaron could help us to have the plastic patern inside the strap used to recreate a gen alligator Santos 100 strap ;)

Meanwhile High res pics of the Santos 100 dial could be usefull.

anybody heard any news?

• 3 weeks later...
I Emailed 2 sources about this dial , hope one of them will respond ok for a decent price...not sure about that tough...

Keep hope alive Halley! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The gen PO dial is around 200 bucks. I might be crazy but I might just pay that much to finally get a perfect santos.

This wont have to be this expensive I believe,

There is some movement:

I asked DW about it he believes he can attain a 95/98% perfect Santos DIAL.

So this is what I need to know

1/ The number of people that would buy this custom dial, if price is right, DW asked me the movement I told him 2824/2836/2892 line...

2/A list of ALL the flaw that needs to be corrected on the current version of that dial.

3/If anybody knows the font used by Cartier etc...

4/HI RES PICTURES of the dial of various angles

5/A dial from the current santos rep may also be needed in order to create a dial that is exactly the same size, it would be a shame to have a perfect dial but too big/small for the santos case :lol: