When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

German/CR GTG

FxrAndy

A couple of members have expressed a willingness to GTG mid July and maybe visit the markets in the Chezch republic, my wife if also after visiting Prague, we are looking at the second or 3rd weekend in July (work depending) Can any one give some information on where the markets are held and what are the German customs like on the border down there. It would be a bad day if we all crossed the border for a GTG in CR with a box of our best watches and had them all taken on return to Germany! Also can any one give me any info on nice and not too expensive hotels in the capital there? Was that hotel in the card playing film there? might be a tad expensive though.

hehe, chronus, after some czech beer you'll help yourself by introducing you to the girls, sure about that :drunk:

Andy, maybe we should do the GTG on german ground, so we won't bother our friends in uniform with stuff, that will force them to do, what they are paid for :busted_cop: I don't think, we will need the whole of our cars to cross the boarder, so one of them will be a nice safe for our "goods".

I would be carefull at german borders right now. Especially to eastern european countries. I just heared on the news that there might be a few suicide bombers on their way from pakistan to germany and that they are paying 'more' attention now.

German customs officials (at the border) are a REAL b1tch, let me tell you that! They are real soup nazis. They make you feel like its 1945 again, I'm serious! They are probably the worst in the world. They dont care if you are foreign and didnt know some stupid law or rule. They are like rent-a-cops who enjoy their 'power'.

Dont want to frighten you thoug. These are just my and my friends' experiences.

Thanks for the info on the markets and customs guys. Due to some family problems i might have to delay a couple of weeks before i can get away for the weekend. when i do head down that way i will let you know if any one wants to drink a beer, By the way any members in NRW, Bielefeld Padaborn area? Let me know maybe we could get together for a drink up here.

• 2 years later...