When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul at Wo-Mart

Victoria

Hey guys, brand-spanking newbie here.

-- Since the member/VIP area is down, and I can't upgrade, I'm posting this in General Discussion, as the Trade Review section is unavailable to me as yet. --

Just ordered a watch from Paul at Wo-Mart. I read member reviews carefully this weekend, before pulling the trigger. Yes, I'm aware he is respected and that's why I am ordered from him, but two members considered comms RECENTLY with him a little mixed.

Here's the deal:

Lightning quick emails to-and-fro with him before I bought my watch. Then, after payment, nothing. No confirmation of my info details (address, etc.), or receipt of payment, just moments after my last reply from him. Since then, 2 emails have gone unanswered.

I hear you saying, "Patience grasshopper" again, but since this is my very first rep purchase, one gets antsy. What do you think? Should I worry about lack of comms, or just hang tight and the watch will come in due course?

Thanks for any insight!

i think you've answered your own question. you'll get your watch.

waiting on that first rep is one of the hardest things ever -- sending hundreds of dollars to china to someone you've never met for a replica watch is scary. :o

but don't worry, it gets MUCH easier the second time :lol:

btw, welcome to RWG :victory:

deltatahoe

i think you've answered your own question. you'll get your watch.

waiting on that first rep is one of the hardest things ever -- sending hundreds of dollars to china to someone you've never met for a replica watch is scary. :o

but don't worry, it gets MUCH easier the second time :lol:

btw, welcome to RWG :victory:

deltatahoe

Thanks, deltatahoe. It's funny how even the briefest, most common-sensical of replies can put one's mind at rest.

I would never have posted this, if it (1) hadn't been the first time ever, and (2) I had gone through Paul's regular payment area. We found another method, using a third party, so...you can imagine how I felt when there was no confirmation.

He's reputable, I know. And that counts a lot here. Thanks, again!

I once waited 3 weeks for a lady Rolex from Josh... eventually it came! Happy days!

Stay put and hold on, because you will get your watch, and then you won't stop... you will catch the bug, you'll need the patch, because it never ends after the first watch... the first watch is the gateway drug... after that comes more watches, and then pens, and then suits... it never ends...

I've had many smooth transactions with Paul over the years. There are pro's and con's in dealing with him however...

Pro's :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Large selection

Quick email responce prior to payment

Lightning fast shipping

Super low prices

Con's :thumbdown:

Super-hard to get an email responce if there is a problem with the item

Quality control does not exsist

I do however have a sub from him about four years old (when he was aBay) and it keeps better time than my gen...

Good luck with your purchase!

I've had many smooth transactions with Paul over the years. There are pro's and con's in dealing with him however...

Pro's :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Large selection

Quick email responce prior to payment

Lightning fast shipping

Super low prices

Con's :thumbdown:

Super-hard to get an email responce if there is a problem with the item

Quality control does not exsist

I do however have a sub from him about four years old (when he was aBay) and it keeps better time than my gen...

Good luck with your purchase!

Thanks again for all your responses.

Something odd is happening to my account. Sometimes I log in, and my age shows up, and my older posts go missing (like this one). And earlier today, I had 10 rep points, now I have none.

Not sure what is happening, but it might just be teething pains as this weekend, I had to ask for my password to be reset like 10 times before it "took".

I don't order from Paul a lot--maybe 7 watches in 3 1/2 years, including a high-ticket piece 27 days ago. No problem at all except during his Lost Weekend a couple years back--and that was eventually rectified with the watch and a consolation prize.