When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thick (5mm+) Croc/Alligator Panerai Straps

bbell6

Does anyone make a thick croc or alligator band? Maybe croc or alligator on top of a soft calf skin.

BOB straps has a alligator in Aubergine ... (dark brownish with a little red tint).. that is about 5 mm thick .. it's so thick you can almost wear it loose like a bracelet ..(would send a pic but my memory card needs replacing) .. put it this way you get what you pay for... it's not bad for the price ...

But if you are in the US on the west coast or a major port city by law all reptilian straps coming in from overseas need a CITES certificate ... endangered animals etc. etc... and the certificate has to have your name and that you are the recipient of this strap ... sender has to get it from his or her govenment agency ... much hassle ... my point is that if you order it from overseas .... it's the roll of the dice ... if it is confinscated you won't see it again ... (don't ask how i know all this .. kinda obvious) .. you will recieve a letter from the fish and game feds...

stay away from ebay watch boys alligator.. although the pics look good they are paper thin ... and not as good looking as the pics ... ask me how i know ... i just got a 24/22 deployment alligator in today after waiting 2 weeks and 10 usd (for priority mail) ... shipped from Canada .. :thumbdown:

stay away from banda ... definately will be opened by customs and quality sucks... don't be tempted to order their elephant ... you will be in BIG TROUBLE ... no i did not order any reptile straps from them ... i'm not " Stuck on Dumb" :wounded1: i think it really bad Kharma to wear elephant .. and customs thinks so too ... trust me on that one

Elliot at TC straps has a pretty good alligator and croc ... the alligator wears smaller than it's size ..RE: the upper lug portion of the strap is very padded and stiff .. plus it is 24/24 ... which adds girth to the strap ... he also has 24/22 which wears normally .. problem is he has the alligator 24/24 only in 115/75 .. i have to take off the keeper (second band) because it wears small and i am a 125/80 anyway ... but when he has it on special it goes for about 79 to 99 usd.. good price for that band regular price is 159 usd.

The genuine Panerai alligator strap goes for about 250 usd .. and i am tempted to get one .. the quality is Superb and it will probably outlast any rep i have

hope my little distertation has answered a small part of your query ...

anyone know alligator hunters in Louisiana... moral of the story .. with alligator bands ..you get what you pay for ... or you can buy a alligator "grain" strap

Aloha and good hunting

Lanikai

Edited by lanikai

Nice writeup, lanikai. I'm in the market for a high quality alligator strap right now also. Have been tempted to get the Panerai, and call it a day but perhaps I'll take a closer look at the BOB first.

CT ...amend the TC .. it wears smaller than it's size..

I do not think you will be happy with the BOB.... better to spend it on something of high quality..after all the $ i spent on inexpensive aligator i could have gotten a PAM

check out Elliot first.. if you don't mind 24/22 he has that in the 125/80 mm..the black looks better than the Honey Brown though .. with straps if you substitute size you may be sorry the holes are not the same even though the strap is longer.. and the 24/22 fits more like it's actual size Panerai is more on the dark brown

Elliot has a nice Bone Croc now ...

all alligator comes from louisiana but the grades are different.. same as leather hides

Lani

Elliot has a nice Bone Croc now ...

all alligator comes from louisiana but the grades are different.. same as leather hides

Lani

Bone croc is some pretty sexy stuff. Saw a nice one on Strap Code the other day.

Bone croc is some pretty sexy stuff. Saw a nice one on Strap Code the other day.

Hey Jumbie .. ordered my strap from Strap Culture...

hope it fits.. the holes will not be in the same structure as the 125/80 ... the holes are offset when you put the different sizes side by side

did not know that straps could get so technical until i started collecting them..

yeah the bone croc is Mui Macho ... but again TC only has it in 115/75 .. but the hide is softer than alligator so it could work .. i just would have to loose the keeper ..

Edited by lanikai

i have around 8 genuine alligator straps... OEM Panerai... and they worth the money. Bought all privat on ebay, paneristi and timezone for $120 - $180 (retail $250) and VERY HAPPY with them. OEM straps make your watch AMAZING and looks like higher value... wear my reps 092 and 111 with OEM alligator and they looks like my genuine watches.

i have around 8 genuine alligator straps... OEM Panerai... and they worth the money. Bought all privat on ebay, paneristi and timezone for $120 - $180 (retail $250) and VERY HAPPY with them. OEM straps make your watch AMAZING and looks like higher value... wear my reps 092 and 111 with OEM alligator and they looks like my genuine watches.

I agree.. I have an early series OEM croc and it is amazing quality...