When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Ceramic is NOT ceramic

tgchrono2

I have mine and I can tell you it's not pvd but ceramic. The full ceramic model is in pvd but not the ceramic bezel. Don't say things when you don't know

phew! if this turned out to be another mis-representation, i think there would be a total riot with some VERY angry customers (we thought the B&R situation was bad -- this watch cost at least 2x the B&R) :o

No misrepresentation here. Dealers said that the case is pdv and the bezel is ceramic. Which is what they delivered.

BUT it is not 1:1 to gen, since the gen has both case and bezel in ceramic. I doubt they will be making a ceramic case, so, for anybody in love with the BB ceramic, he should go with this model.

As someone who is getting the funds up to purchase a HBB rep.. I'm curious.... what makes Tigerdaytona state that the bezel isn't Ceramic?....

This could decide between the stainless.. the ceramic and the *mebee* forthcoming black magic...

Either way I'm not too upset... I love the look of this watch.

Ceramic or not ceramic, it is not too different to tell.

Just take out the bezel and feel the weight. Ceramic is much much lighter than steel.

True ceramic has an extremely high resistance to scratches, so you can try this out if you dare.

Now comes to the cost, ceramic itself is not very expensive but the molding process and technology involved is. Personally feeling, even at a price of $6K, doubt a true ceramic bezel is justified in view of the production complications involved not mentioning the cost for other parts of watch and the profit needed to make.

So now, anyone is brave enough to go ahead with the "Ceramic Test"?