When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hey guys heres a lil article on different types of .

2005SUBMARINER

Very good link thanks, Klink once posted an excellent article on Gold plating over on the old board it would be great if he could re-post it in our knowledge base section.

Ken

ACORDING TO THOSE GUYS anything over 7microns of gold could last decades :yeah:

i wonder how much our dealers use on there reps .. i think JOSH uses 5 mils what ever that means . :unsure:

Very good link thanks, Klink once posted an excellent article on Gold plating over on the old board it would be great if he could re-post it in our knowledge base section.

Ken

2005sub. Thanks, a great resource. I have some brush plating gear, but have struggled with it- very mixed results. This may improve my ability.

@Ken- I have all the GP articles stored- will put them in to KB today

Offshore

I'm not calling anyones honesty in to question understand but really the dealers can say anything they want about their gold plate and who amongst us will be able to fault them. ;)

Ken

Well, I suppose that depends on what they say.

I have a great deal of faith ion the folks I buy from as they have been very good to me - and you don't know whether they are or not til there's a problem. When I started seeing them advertising their watches as being waterproof, I spent a few bucks to find out.

post-223-1145930979_thumb.jpg

Whatever claim someone makes, I'm sure somebody will know how to check it and a liar doesn't last long in a small community.

Still, your point is well taaken and I would not enourage anyone to believe anything from someone they don't know, or at least know by reputation.

Bill

Well, I suppose that depends on what they say.

I have a great deal of faith ion the folks I buy from as they have been very good to me - and you don't know whether they are or not til there's a problem. When I started seeing them advertising their watches as being waterproof, I spent a few bucks to find out.

post-223-1145930979_thumb.jpg

Whatever claim someone makes, I'm sure somebody will know how to check it and a liar doesn't last long in a small community.

Still, your point is well taaken and I would not enourage anyone to believe anything from someone they don't know, or at least know by reputation.

Bill

Artisan does good work, as long as you are a very patient person. They take a long time to get back to you after your nitial contact, a long time to answer any questions you may have, and a long time to do the work.

A dealer's statements are only a reliable as what they has been told about the watches. Unless they test or are close to the manufacturer of the watches themselves is there any real guarantee on the fine details of the specification. If you want to be 100% sure what you are buying don't buy a replica, get the real thing from a legitimate source.