When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

certifiDato di garanzia

sssurfer

Ok, I admit it. I am one of those who bught box and papers too. Just 1 over 8 watches, just to get a hint on how the real thing looks and feels, but I actually bought it. Some months ago now. A PAM box + papers set.

Too bad, I right now noticed a deadout flaw in the 'international guarantee certificate' (that small plasticized gray card resembling of a CC). :cc_hang:

The Italian writing actually spells 'CERTIFIDATO DI GARANZIA" where it should be 'CERTIFICATO' 31774-40289.gif

31774-40290.jpg

Is it about mine only, or anyone else got this card? Are there cards with the correct writing?

Do you think this is an issue that I could ask for a replacement?

...and it's some months that the dealer I got it from seems missing now... :(

You are a unluckky bugger...LOL...welll maybe its just only you...but yeahh try to find the dealer...maybe not..just ignore it...

So how is it feel to have a PAM with box + paper..? I'm considering to get full set with swiss mvtn swan neck ..What do you think ? Is it worth it ?

cheers

@ahchard: thanks for your reply :(

@mossanti: I think it would be worth, if it just was correct :blowup:

Thought I would post a pic of my card... it has the correct certificato spelling...but i noticed its missing the Firenze 1860...

also.... the background of mine is Panerai Panerai Panerai...etc... but yours is Officine Panerai, etc...

31889-40274.jpg

sorry for low quality pic... took a quick snap with my cellphone...

Thought I would post a pic of my card... it has the correct certificato spelling...but i noticed its missing the Firenze 1860...

also.... the background of mine is Panerai Panerai Panerai...etc... but yours is Officine Panerai, etc...

31964-40267.jpg

sorry for low quality pic... took a quick snap with my cellphone...

This is VERY interesting! Thanks!

I'm going to start a search about the genuine (if no member owning a gen is going to help :D).

I personally find your version less disturbing than mine even if it should result less close to gen. How can a certificate be supposed to have spell errors? :yuk:

Ok, I admit it. I am one of those who bught box and papers too. Just 1 over 8 watches, just to get a hint on how the real thing looks and feels, but I actually bought it. Some months ago now. A PAM box + papers set.

Too bad, I right now noticed a deadout flaw in the 'international guarantee certificate' (that small plasticized gray card resembling of a CC). :cc_hang:

The Italian writing actually spells 'CERTIFIDATO DI GARANZIA" where it should be 'CERTIFICATO' 32011-40262.gif

32011-40263.jpg

Is it about mine only, or anyone else got this card? Are there cards with the correct writing?

Do you think this is an issue that I could ask for a replacement?

...and it's some months that the dealer I got it from seems missing now... :(

crap!!! now you cant sell it as a gen on eBay *lol*

seriously, this is a little flaw, i wouldnt bother a dealer with that ;)

@veni12 & PAMman:

really thanks, your info is very useful.

@veni12:

Pls would you post a scan or shot of your card?

Or tell me if it has "FIRENZE 1860" or else, and which inscriptions ("OFFICINE PANERAI" or "PANERAI") in the background?

Can you tell me which dealer did you get it from?

@PAMman:

Pls would you post a scan or shot of one of your cards? (preferably gen, but also rep is ok since it is 100%).

Or tell me which inscriptions ("OFFICINE PANERAI" or "PANERAI") it has in the background?

Can you tell me which dealer did you get your rep card from?

Really thanks again,

:sss:

I have 2 genuine PAMs complete with papers / cards and a card supplied with my 029. The rep card is 100% accurate with correct spelling etc. It should not have FIRENZE 1860.

so... pamman... would your card be the same as mine? or are there differences as well?

There were 2 versions of Papers...

1st BAD version I got it with my Homers box and I am quite sure it had D.

2nd GOOD version I got it from Eddie with a watch and it was the right one.

1st version is gone now but I will post photos tomorrow of my 2nd

Ok, did some search.

Results:

Genuines (or supposed to be -- plase advice if you think differently):

32553-40160.jpg

32553-40161.jpg

32553-40162.jpg

32553-40163.jpg

32553-40164.jpg

??? (on eBay now @EUR100):

32553-40165.jpg

Reps:

Andrew:

32553-40166.jpg

Angus:

32553-40167.jpg

Aspire:

32553-40168.jpg

Eddie Lee:

32553-40169.jpg

Homer:

32553-40170.jpg

Joshua:

32553-40171.jpg

Quite puzzliing. What do you think?

To me, it seems that there are two types of cards, both gen and rep:

1 - Without the "FIRENZE 1860" inscription, and with only "PANERAI" in the background. This appears as the most common or reliable gen version. Only EL has it.

2 - With the "FIRENZE 1860" inscription, and with "OFFICINE PANERAI" in the background. In the gen version it has the correct "CERTIFICATO" spelling, while in the rep version it is "CERTIFIDATO". All 'our' dealers but EL have this one.

That 'D' is going to become the recessed pin of box&papers...

@Dani: your fiddy papers are supposed to be from EL, are they?

• 2 weeks later...
Ho visto su PT un PAN111 da lui venduto con scritta corretta su un documento allegato [C e non D]

Allego la foto

40223-38266.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack

Thanks, Mahler. I suppose PT stands for Precious Time, not Pure Time, correct?

Too bad I already paid more than 100 bucks on my box & co.

Can't think to get another just for that 'D'...

...or not? ^_^