When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

English native speakers are asked again

Uhrenfreund25

Hello and good day!

My name is Steven Meredith and the topic I want to present to you is "How to elect the best candidate for a job".

To start with I’d like to talk about the importance of good qualifications and experience.

Secondly, I’d like to say something about motivation and finally I’d like to look at personality and personal appearance.

As regards good qualifications and experience I think the company should look at the candidate’s letters of recommendation from previous employers and also have a careful look at his or her CV. Previous work experience should – at least to some degree – match the job description.

As for motivation I think the company should make sure that the candidate has got the right motivation to fulfill his or her job obligations and should be asked why he or she has applied for the post.

Finally I think that personality and personal appearance are important to look at when recruiting staff. So the company should, for example, try to find out whether the candidate is a good team-player, whether he or she is flexible and approachable and whether he or she has good communication skills. In addition, it should try to find out about the applicant’s personal strengths and weaknesses.

As for personal appearance the candidate should be well dressed, not necessarily fashionably or very formally, but as befits the occasion and the job description.

Thank you very much!

It was very well written. Your use of apostrophes to indicate possessives is excellent. I applaud your efforts!

It's too bad that most native Americans don't speak nor write this well.

Congratulations!

Why are you guys always talking down about the natives :mellow: just beacuse they used to wear feathers and used sig language is no reason....

268709-4090.jpg