When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received today GMT 1

rosnik

This morning I received the PEPSI GMT I ordered from PT.

268698-4097.jpg

268698-4098.jpg

268698-4099.jpg

268698-4100.jpg

268698-4101.jpg

268698-4102.jpg

It appear to be OK for me.

Wile,

the losing of the spring bars holes leave me attuned!! :thumbdown:

Sure it's not like the picture I see on PT site. :bicycle:

Good is the swiss 2836-2.

I 'll like your opinions about.

Cheers

Nico

Looks to be a fairly nice watch. The only thing I see that stands out is the acrylic crystal stands a little high and date mag is a little low. My first gen was a 77 TT maxi dial. This model may accept a gen crystal but you need to take the bezel off to be sure. Lug holes are a problem.

Edited by tonyp1

If you have a dremel drill press you could use calipers to mark the exact location to drill. If you cant do that you could always drill another set as long as your VERY careful. If you chose this you would have to change spring bars and adjust end links. You cold always just drill some dummy holes 3/4 the way through. Have fun looks like you've already took the back off the watch so youll probably have no problem as a modder.

Edited by tonyp1

I think that to get the holes from the external of the case may be very difficult ,

wile to get them from the inner ask for the correct machinery that I have not.

The watch is for one friend of me, I hope he will like it like it is!! :black_eye:

I get this picture for you guys,

I hope you'll not fall on the same error I get. :bangin::bangin:

Before to buy the best is to ask for, ask for and ask for agayn!!! :yuk:

rosnik,

I think the watch you has bought was the same that PT was posting on his photo album.

Some people before commiting to buy a watch post pictures of the particular model they are interested in and they receive feedback from experienced members.

Ask in the boards who has the best gmt or who has the best submariner... and you will receive a lot of replies but none related to your answer. That means you are a lazy guy that shows no interest at all and that you dont want to do your rep homework.

But if the watch you has bought aint the one advertised, then talk to him and ask him for a change.

Its your right.

Hope this helps.

Edited by manuel

rosnik,

I think the watch you has bought was the same that PT was posting on his photo album.

Manuel,sorry, but this is not real !

Get on look on the web site.

That means you are a lazy guy

May be this is real! :rolleyes:

that shows no interest at all and that you dont want to do your rep homework.

this is not real,

wile thank you for your interesting support.

;)

Manuel,sorry, but this is not real !

Get on look on the web site.

May be this is real! :rolleyes:

this is not real,

wile thank you for your interesting support.

;)

Dont worry about rep homework. Go to ebay find a reputable dealer ( lots of positive feedback). Look at the exact watch your buying year, model, ect. Compare pics and dimensions Try this site http://catalog.antiquorum.com/catalog_asta...t&s_batch=1

Spend hours looking at fine details. All the dealers outside of a few drop ship so really you have no control over the quality of watch your going to get. Andrews watches seem to be the best of the drop shippers on this site. Im kinda [censored], the last 2 watches I bought have had defective sapphires (not from Andrew). I know if this is happening to me its happening to others. I now have a 5 day old watch in pieces due to a sapphire that the edge basically chipped off. Im searching for sapphires online not my Idea of enjoying my watch.

Edited by tonyp1

PT seed me, that this is the new production case:

"Regards to the holes, yes factory change the case. The old case is very nice but now discontinued."

The watch is for one friend of me, before to get my disappointing, I wait for my friend ( I bought for him ) feedback.

May be he will love this object like it is......or............I hope! :black_eye:

I hope your freind likes it, i would it is a nice watch, we can all be a very critical here about points that 99.99% the population would never notice, I think that PT should update his site to ensure that people get what they see.

For Sure! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It is one pretty watch, with foul different positioning of the GMT harm too

But , if it was for me ( like for you RWG fans) , it would be sure no good!

The spring bar holes is one must for vintage GMT 1 .

To get one upgrade, appare to me like be impossible. :wounded1:

Quoting my own words:

But if the watch you has bought aint the one advertised, then talk to him and ask him for a change.

Its your right.

Hope this helps.

You see I am also suggesting you the possibility of changing your watch regardless what PT says.

If some dealer put for sale an item and it turns out that aint the same pictured you should send it back...

and yes, some dealers are selling this watch with no lug holes wich is inaccurate, but they picture the watch as is, so you cant blame them..

what are you going to do?

I wait for my friend agree.

:rolleyes:

This 3d is only to info all the all 'Rolex rep. enthusiast about the situation, and stay tuned in the future.

I nether seed nothing bud about the seller,

he was correct and precise, and sure he will be for the future the same.............spring B. holes apart :rolleyes:

For Sure! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It is one pretty watch, with foul different positioning of the GMT harm too

Wrong. This hand stack is correct for the vintage model.

This is rather nice looking rep. I would just "vintagize" it a bit, enjoy it... and forget about the flaws. I'd probably drill the lug holes though.

Edited by By-Tor

Wrong. This hand stack is correct for the vintage model.

This is rather nice looking rep. I would just "vintagize" it a bit, enjoy it... and forget about the flaws. I'd probably drill the lug holes though.

Thanks By-tor for pointing out that build quality is just as important as correct font or placement of the coronet. I get so tired of threads that praise certain reps that have such obvious issues such as print quality on dial/date wheel. While other watches with very nice dial print get slammed for a incorrect coronet.

I get to my friend the no holes vintage GMT.

He love it jet! :rolleyes:

I explain him the defect that BMW the GMT has;

but he seed to accept them because it's very pretty .

I find one watch man that has the necessary machinery to get the correct spring bar holes too,

may be we get them the next week.

Sure if will be so, I'll get you updated. <_<