When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What country has the best Special Forces/Special Operation in the world

cool-arrow

What I wanted to ooint out is that the M16 and the G3 are designed for different combat scenarios. The G3 will punch a hole in a 10mm steel plate from 200m distance and it could break a cast-iron or aluminum engine block on the same distance. Try that with 5,56 Remington! The G3 is a weapon designed for open areas while the M16 is more practical for closer distances man to man combat due to its weight adn handyness.

If you compare the G36 or a Steyr AUG with a design from the 1960s (M16) or the 1970s (G3) there are 2 different worlds, they just don

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Effective range could also be defined by different standards, one manufacturer might take the distance to which it is unpleasant for the target while another might limit the effective range to a distance where the use of that thing gives you the reason to expect the desired result?

"The US trains and trains with almost every large-scale organization mentioned. Our advantage is clear. We have more money, better technology and an overall better mindset."

I would say most countrys today have more or less the same technology. About the money it might be true.. well before iraq anyway..

The mindset? Hard to believe that, its not like the whole world is behind US at the time.

But then again, US is at war all the time, ofcourse they should know how to kill ppl. Go US kill some more!!!

P.s im from Sweden we have great technology and training. But then again we havent been to war in about 400 years so cant really say we are the best.. or hey wait.. we are the best just because of this hehe.

I really don't think it is fair to compare any of the different SF units. They all have different capabilities and are better suited for doing different things. While the SAS might be better than the GSG9 at one thing, GSG9 might be better than the SAS at another.

I think in the big picture if you want to look at the best SOF unit it would have to go to the Seals. Their ability to chop into as small as a 2 man team or intigrate with other SOF personel as part of a Joint Operations Command is un-parralled. They train for 18 months for a 6 month deployment, their command and control structure is intigrated on a task force level. All of the operators on the team have a hand in planning, the go or no go comes from a Seal officer that is present on the task force level. With the war in Afganistan and the amount of perishable intel Seals have the edge because they can be wheels up while other components are still in breifing or awaiting the go from their respective chain of command.

Some other SOF forces that I did not see mentioned

US ISA

US DEVGRU(formerly Seal team 6)

Polish GROM

German KSK

On a side note the "Best" SF unit is probably one that does not exist, who's operators are the cream of the crop and hand selected from their given countries top SF divisions.

(They should've allowed Deltas to work inside US, btw.)

They have in the past, out of uniform and officially off duty of course. It's been done in planned high risk urban LE situations (drug raids, etc.) as a form of training for CQB. I have no idea if this is still practiced or if any record exists.