When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 212 Swiss 7750

Richard Tracy

Hi,

I have been contemplating pulling the trigger on the Pam 212 w/swiss 7750,

but the price is stellar ...$700 :blink:

I had no problem paying the money for a 196 7753, due to it's full 3 sub chrono plus date...

but this model, though beautiful is giving me second thoughts..

Also I had one dealer tell me that these were not worth the money, though he did not

elaborate on why...

What's your opinion on such a purchase ? Worth it ? or Not ?

i was wondering this too. the asian 7750 is around 250-275 i think and has the correct engraving on the back, which is more accurate because of the display back.

None of them have sapphire crystal as far as i know, it's anti-scratch treated plexiglass.

There are only two registers, so maybe fewer problems with the Asian 7750 perhaps or is this wishful thinking?

I'd like to know which one is better to get.

I had the asian 212 7750, it crapped out on me after 3 days. The swiss is running like a champ for almost 2 months now. The swiss 7750 212 is hands down my favorite watch out of the 20 something I own. For me, it was worth it. Obviously the back is flawed, but if anyone looks at the back that knows what a real 212 looks like is going to know the asian is a rep too. But $700 seems a little pricey, check with some other dealers.... I paid a little less

I paid around 50 less for my 212 with the swiss 7750. For me, the only real turn off was looking at the plastic movement holder which is totally visable. I didn't even care if the movement was unfinished but to put in a plastic holder for this nice movement seemed wrong..I do miss it and might get the asian 7750 or asian manual, the plus of the manual, I believe it uses a metal movement holder and the hands are the correct color.

What really bothers me on the 7753 is that the minute markers radiate inward which is not correct.

On the 7750 the minute markers are correct and radiate outwards.

Small but annoying issue for me.

I am waiting for the next improved model.

Then I will make my purchase.