When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ladies Masterpiece losing approximately 2 1/2 minutes a day

bbell6

I recently purchased a lady rolex masterpiece with an ETA movement. It appears to be losing in the neighborhood of 2 1/2 minutes a day and the crystal is on crooked (crown etching is to the right of the six and cyclops is slightly off - If the crown etching were lined up, I believe the cyclops would be off even more). Are these flaws considered acceptable for a new rep (approximately $200), or should I complain?

Thanks

I doubt i would be happy, speak with your collector and see if you can work some thing out. They are faults that could be fixed by a rep reindly watch smith but i would first look see if the seller will sort for you.

Definitely not an acceptable gain on time. Unless she's always running late, then leave it.

But to get it adjusted or do it yourself, it's very simple:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/How-To-Adjust-Yo...eat-t19163.html

I purchased a ladies datejust a while back that had the exact same problem.

Basically, for the long and short of it, look at the pic below. If you turn screw "C" clockwise (as illustrated by the arrow) each etched notch will slow down the movement 5 secs per notch, per day. If you've turned it all the way to the last notch on the left and it's still too fast (which at 2 & 1/2 mins fast per day, this still won't completely correct it), VERY CAREFULLY move arms "A" & "B" further apart from each other--you might have to move them a little further each day after timing it, to make sure you haven't over-shot the mark. You might also have to move "A" & "B" as far apart as they'll go.

Movements being too dry can also run fast, but this should correct it.

271066-3556.jpg

I don't think any of my 10 or so reps lost or gained 2 1/2 minutes total in 2006... get it checked or send it back. I would take it to a local jeweler who doesn't mind working on reps; and they might just do it for free or at most, a minimal charge. Crystal crooked though, time to consider a dealer replacement. Josh is great about this- heard Andrew is too... Good luck

@Gioarmani: Who is the girl in your avatar? She almost looks like a mannequin.

Same girl here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=34670&hl=

Just good skin & skin care, that's all. You can thank Lucrece's "Nano Peptides B5", Christian Dior's "Capture Totale" cream, and Dr. Brandt's "Pores No More". :p

Edit: I use them too--definitely worth the go.

Edited by gioarmani

@gioarmani - Nice pics, feel free to share more.

I e-mailed the dealer and he responded within 5 minutes telling me to return the watch and he would take care of it. I plan to send the watch tomorrow. I'll update, but it appears that the dealer will take care of it.