When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My rep Ingenieur at my local AD

eunomians

So today I went to my local very large AD to look around. I actually needed to exchange something, so my business there was, uhhh, legitimate :)

Anyhow, as I was filling out the paperwork for some stuff that needed to be ordered from La Conf

I was at a Tourneau store in Las Vegas recently just poking around. I had no watch on at the time, but the salesman asked if I would like to try it on. I did and boiy did it look great. Im a big fan of this watch and also the VC Overseas which I keep in the same company as the Ingy. Two classic looks that we are blessed to have available as super reps.

Yes, I forgot to mention that the new Ingeniuer does have a display back, which is real nice. But, it does not have the anti-magnetic iron plate. This is a first, I believe, and perhaps a bit heretical since the Ingenieur line always had an anti-magnetic iron layer. Regardless of staying true to its lineage, this new watch is really something to behold in person. My AD told me that she has sold 7 of them in less than a week. Wow. It ain't cheap either, with an MSRP of something like $7800 w/o tax.

PS. I also really liked the little red accents on the markers/hand on the watch.

PS. Remember that the first few batches of OEM had the shorter hands just like the rep.

:thumbsupsmileyanim: that's good to know!! I was thinking this was the biggest flaw on them...

But in fact a good AR coating is needed as well... i tryied on the chrono once while i was wearing the Inge replica... the difference in AR coating on the crystal was huge. The dial on the gen appeared to be much, much more black because of the AR coating. The difference was outstanding...

Really? Far away from 100%? Please do tell :)

The caseback issue is irrelevant since the watch resides upon one's wrist. And if anybody, in person, attempts to pass judgement upon the smoothness and/or crispness of the caseback font, they would get a bite from me :crazy: It is very well done and not discearnable from the genuine article unless you have OEM sitting side by side, with a nice Leica 10X loupe, a nice comfy high chair, adequate lighting and major time on your hands.

Of course, this is my opinion, but if you can come up with a rep that is closer to OEM than the Ingy, let us know.

its good enough for me anyway - the new aquatimer and the ingy are my next reps...just waiting for my 3717 from river first.

plus, there's a dealer that sells the Ingy for $210 + 28 shipping - very good price, hope it's a prime example of how good iwc reps are :)

Maybe perfect rep in my opinion is something different than in yours ,100% when is the same , Ingie rep. is not - crown texture on rep is brushed on gen is polished, brecelet, lume which can not be done (talkin about litle numbers under 6 and 12 markers), caseback.

I own a rep. and i love it, but still is not 100% (ok just for me)