When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valjoux 72 for 6263

the collector

It's probably not new, but rather the old V72 case that DW has always offered.

Wow, I didn't know there was an old V72 case offered by DW. I thought that was a new development. Well, I'm taking the plunge and committed to purchasing one of these DW V72 case kits from The Dark Side.

Edited by leitztozeiss

Yeah... He's always had a V72 kit. Basically consisted of a case, dial, hands, crystal, bezel, pushers and crown/tube. Just add the movement and bracelet, and voila- Instant 6263/5! :)

This latest dw v72 kit includes: dial, hands, case and band, and bezel - choice of dial and choice of bezel. All for a very reasonable price, considering similar kits are going for around $500 on The Bay. I picked the classic black dial and black bezel.

As soon as joe get's better, i'm having him fix my EE 6263 with the misaligned subdial hand so I can sell it. So, if anyone is interested in an EE 6263 with genuine Tropic 21 . . .

I don't find it reasonable to pay $800 for 40 YO movement, even iif it's a great movement, it's nowhere rare, there are alot of other movement of similar quality and specs, but it's only because rolex used it that the price is high, so price can't be reasonable in my eyes...

and it will go up!

Anyway, I'm still goign to buy a VJ72 watch but probably not to retrofi on a 6263 case but just because this is a movement to own on a collection ;)

can anyone provide me some info about buying the DW v72 kit to build a 6263?

where i can find the DW "products"?

i'm trying to read all the forum ...but it'svery very big and i'm becoming mad....

sorry for my bad english ....

i will be glad for every contacts regarding this info...

my best regards to all you

MArco

Edited by klingsor

VJ72 are horribly expensives lately because we are all looking for donor, just buy a VJ23 like I did, bicompax but otherwise it's the VJ72, so freeze the 6 o'clock hand et voilà!! I bought my VJ23 for 340 usd

Hi Halley. I read your post about the details of the DW movement, HERE. In the review, you describe the V23 as fitting better in the DW case than the V72 dedicated case. Have you had a chance to confirm this? I'm expecting a DW V72 kit case soon, and I am looking for a suitable movement, mostly at V72. V23 sounds like a nice alternative if it'll work. Your expanded thoughts on this issue are very much appreciated. Thanks.

I'm still on the process of trying all this, I too ordered another VJ72 case to fit my VJ23 on; I did not try yet to fit it on this new case, if it does not fit right, simply rub a little the inside of the case (beware! NOT the rehaut) only where the movement is place and it should fit comme papa dans maman (french expression !!)

i'm thinking about a genuine VJ23 also... 72 is too expensive for me (and i'm not using the stopwatch anyways, so i dont need a 12h counter).

the vj23copy seems very unstable to me. it is running fine now, but till a few days ago, the movement stopped everytime it went past 8:20... dont know if I should get it serviced or get a genuine Vj23 :/

i fear the movement might get even worse when I get it serviced and 350$ for a VJ23 is still a lot of $$$ :(

Edited by slay