When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 000 Base - Ziggified Wonderment Again....

fishgodeep

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Another piece that I am very very pleased with ......I was lucky to have purchased this from forum member m4rcus.......a lot of care and attention to detail had gone into this already -......just look at the crown and jimmy CG......it even has an F series logo case back ....and whilst I know 000 only commenced from G ....it's all together a great piece.

And then Ziggy did his stuff :

Re-paint dial font - aged off-white

Clear Coated dial - matt finish

H3 Cannon pin / hour wheel

Re-lume in C3/C1 mix.

This is a keeper for sure and gets plenty wrist time.

I have fitted strap of comparable quality - Europelli limited edition Grade AAA Aligator with brushed pre-v style sewn in buckle

Thanks and enjoy

273182-3108.jpg

273182-3109.jpg

273182-3110.jpg

273182-3111.jpg

273182-3112.jpg

273182-3113.jpg

273182-3114.jpg

273182-3115.jpg

273182-3116.jpg

273182-3117.jpg

273182-3118.jpg

Well moded Logo Base always gets my vote :)

There are some things dial rep makers could have done better, like the 'leg' on letter 'R' that doesn't beloeng to Panerai type font, but that's a minor issue, really...it takes a good look to notice it, and most of us haven't known about it until after we bought it.

The dial txt on a gen PAM Base is actually crisp white, and not aged white (cream/salmon color) like the one found on gen G, H, I and J series sandwich-dial Rads, Bases and Marinas. Not sure why Panerai left it like that, but I believe since it's one of the last of the painted dial models they kept it the same white color as older Base and Marina historics with pained dials like 111/112G for example.

cheers,

babola

my friend... so many watches... so many FULL moded ones... all in a short time :o

in some months you will come on a par with V and Flav ;)

keep it up!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks Tourby .....I have been collecting for some time but just starting to get the modding bug!

2 more base CDG movements please and some extra tabs an screws please!!!

Your movements work and look great in the Logo and pre-v models....

Cheers

Simon

Very nice watch this one as well.. I think that even with some minor flaws the Base Logo looks very very good for a rep and it is a big surprise why it hasn't sold many pieces. I don't usually see many photos of it.

The Europelli strap is very nice and expensive ;)

Very nice watch this one as well.. I think that even with some minor flaws the Base Logo looks very very good for a rep and it is a big surprise why it hasn't sold many pieces. I don't usually see many photos of it.

The Europelli strap is very nice and expensive ;)

Thanks V.......really appreciate your feedback and expertise!!!

For me the painted dials just seem to be that bit better than the Luminor Sandwich dials and once Rob get's his hands on them the results are outstanding.

This may get re-cased ....I think you know where the CG at least is going !!!!

The Europelli was quite reasonable IMHO ......with 5% dicount it was less than $200 shipped ....I think Drew only had 2 left and in a sale so that's why I jumped. Hell of a lot cheaper than Simona's nice looking gator as well.

I spent $150 on a pile of cr*p from Banda which went straight on the Bay ...where as this one is a keeper for sure!

Cheers

Simon

• 1 month later...
MAGNIFICENT! And that's the first Europelli strap I've looked at and said, must have. Excellent combo, congrats! Wear it in good health. :)

Thank you Victoria.......It's one very classy strap indeed....and Drew's Exquisite Cordovan is not to be sniffed at either...IMHO.

Nice to see this isn't just a male affliction......love the nails ....tres sophisticate......on you of course.......don't want to see this kind of extra detail in any wrist shots from V , Rolli et al....that would just be wrong on many many levels....:-)

Simon