When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

saw Oceans 13 tonight, lots of watch spotting

cableguy

I saw a bunch of watches. If you saw the movie chime in on the watches you saw

I saw a tourbillion of some sort, tag link chronograph, rolex explorer II <-- I was wearing this one at the time. My gf spotted it as well. Hehe

What did you see in Oceans 13

Haven't seen it yet, but hoping 13 is better than 12 (which I thought was terrible)...

I could not agree more. Ocean's 12 was a complete mess, and with such an expensive cast, I can't believe they managed that. I mean, it went from Julia Roberts having to pretend to be Julia Roberts, to Catherine Zeta Jones being an FBI agent of some sort who later helps him but actually doesn't or something, then they need to pay that Benedict back so they RANDOMLY decide "lets steal a map from some random Dutch guy, its worth a lot of money", complete mess!!

So, how was the movie?????? It's only coming out the 7th here......gotta wait!! Worth it??

havent seen 13, but my bro says its the best ocean yet, and i really enjoyed 11. havent seen 12, but im glad i havent and prolly never will.

I bought 12 as a pirate copy on the streets. It was 2 dollars.......and a waste of 2 dollars and about 2 hours, lol.

I'm kinda excited about Ocean's 13....I think they got the picture that 12 was horrible (but then again, why would a bad movie stop Hollywood from cashing in the millions, lol).

I bought 12 as a pirate copy on the streets. It was 2 dollars.......and a waste of 2 dollars and about 2 hours, lol.

I'm kinda excited about Ocean's 13....I think they got the picture that 12 was horrible (but then again, why would a bad movie stop Hollywood from cashing in the millions, lol).

Wow, I can't believe a lot of the people of this forum seem not to have watched Ocean's 13, yet!

THIS IS A WATCH LOVER'S DREAM OF A FILM, and that wasn't caps lock, believe me.

As we know, Brad Pitt is enamoured with Rolexes; he's got a solid gold Daytona that somehow looks good on him (but looks quite tacky on anyone else, save that one guy who posted it against his black V-neck sweater).

Clooney's watches ran the gamut from Audemar Piguets (2), a VC, to a PAM, and I do believe there was even a Bell & Ross thrown into the mix.

However, I did a little research on the one watch which stood out for me, which was Al Pacino's -- what seemed a magnificent gold Sky Moon tourbillon. According to a gen watch forum, it's a very special Tiffany's watch, possibly made for him as a promo for the film.

"The Tiffany Grand 8-day Jump Hour" (U$ 36,000)

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...66698&rid=0

Though it's not 100% confirmed it is that watch, as Pacino's watch is made of rose gold, Tiffany's were end-credited (of course).

Off-Topic: The film itself was fun, for what it is -- a panoply of Big Name Stars having fun, as in Sinatra's day.

Not excellent, because it's not exactly a heist film, or a sting film, but rather a revenge-set-up film, which is quite different in tone to Ocean's 11. However, it was much better than 12 (could hardly be any worse...), and had no love story whatsoever, which this chick appreciated.