When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Explorer II with gen crown and tube

kasigi

I got the box from eBay from a seller with the ID of the-watch-maker. He's selling them as gen, but I wouldn't know if they are or not. It seems well made and very good quality, but it could just be a good copy for all I know. It looks good with the watch inside though :)

Thanks for the pictures! Really nice watch. :) Just need some finishing of the crown guards now.

I have noticed the genuine crowns that are on eBay. I have considered to do the same mod on mine, but the replica crown is good enough for me.

274602-2774.jpg

Nice.

Your box is a gen, btw. If you need another one cheap, keep an eye out for a seller by the name of "Tomyana", in Hong Kong. You can get the gen inner & outer box, new, beautifully packaged & shipped in styrofoam for about $78.

Edited by gioarmani

I need to get the tubes for the gen crowns I acquired. Anybody know the case or model #? Thanks.

-bk

I copy/paste from another 3D, I hope you need it:

If you're looking for genuine parts, the correct crown and tube for the 1680 is the current crown and tube assembly for the 16610. Part # 24-703 and 24-7030. It is a 7mm crown.

Older crown and tubes like the 24-700 and 24-702 could also be used, but they are more expensive and the 24-703 assembly is the latest and best unless you're trying to return an old gen back to it's original condition. Rolex updates older subs with the 24-703 assembly when servicing older watches.

When buying on ebay, you have to be careful, because other numbers are often times used and older crowns don't fit the newer tube. Used 24-703 crowns are easy to find and then you can get an aftermarket tube from a place like Clark's Watch Supply (Nostalgia2000) on ebay and it should work out OK.