When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Cousteau 2007 Project Suspended!

rckh

Dear All:

Last night I contact my dealer Puretime Angus & ask about the release date of IWC Cousteau 2007. But Angus replied me that these project had been suspended....He didn't mention why or how long the project will be suspend; positive side he not told me the project stopped; just only suspend. Maybe all we need to wait a little be longer. I'll get u update if any news!

Best Regards,

Raymond

I suspect it is temporary. I had heard it was suspended until they could get their hands on a genuine 2007. The manufacturer did not want to produce it before the genuine came out and have mistakes on the rep. On this one the big question was how the orange would lay out on the inner bezel. Early prototypes showed the orange both laid out exactly as the white on the 2006 but also with an additional outline around other numbers on the inner bezel. I am also curious to see whether the orange is luminous as I have never seen orange lume of this color. I saw the first one listed on Ebay about a week ago so they should be able to commence production shortly. Either that or the manufacturer went on vacation. :lol:

Thanks for the update.

As many others in here, I am considering either the 2007 Costeau or the regular Aquatimer... Hope they change the 001/250 serial number on the 2007 !

Looks as 2007 will bring us many exciting new replicas, Aquatimer, 1:1 GMT-Master, Porsche chronograph flat six.... maybe even the Blackbird and a Big Pilot! :victory:

I suspect it is temporary. I had heard it was suspended until they could get their hands on a genuine 2007. The manufacturer did not want to produce it before the genuine came out and have mistakes on the rep. On this one the big question was how the orange would lay out on the inner bezel. Early prototypes showed the orange both laid out exactly as the white on the 2006 but also with an additional outline around other numbers on the inner bezel. I am also curious to see whether the orange is luminous as I have never seen orange lume of this color. I saw the first one listed on Ebay about a week ago so they should be able to commence production shortly. Either that or the manufacturer went on vacation. :lol:

yes kruzer,

the remaining fine work must be made.

rolli