When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rubber Pam Straps

TeeJay

Are they easily removeable like the leather straps, or are they more tricky to deal with? I've got a new PAM on the way (not sure of the code) and it's coming on a rubber strap. I hate how rubber straps look on PAMs, and have a spare black leather strap, and wondered how easy it might be to put the buckle onto the leather strap... Thanks in advance :)

you should have no problem at all ... it's the exact same procedure. all the best.

p.s. i think the rubber strap will grow on you!

My mini-Fiddy is coming with a leather strap, but my 111h is coming with a rubber strap WITH deployant on it already.

In anticipation of these two watches, I've bought:

1) An extra Panerai deployant

2) 2 Tang buckles, one OEM polished buckle, one generic black buckle, both 22mm

3) About 10-12 leather straps (I've lost count...), two of which are specificly made for the deployant, one GeF which comes with a really nice buckle already

4) The Bergeron 1.40mm/1.60mm screwdriver set

Question:

Am I missing anything? Other than a screw loose in my head? :)

you should have no problem at all ... it's the exact same procedure. all the best.

p.s. i think the rubber strap will grow on you!

That's fantastic news, thanks :)

I have to admit, I don't think the rubber strap will appeal to me, as I don't like the design of the strap (with the name stamped into it) I'm a bit OCD when it comes to things being symetrical, and not having brandnames. If the strap was plain, like the Omega rubber straps, I'm sure I would like it, it's purely the design of that specific strap I'm not too keen on... Thanks for the reassurance about the buckle. This will be my first personal PAM, as the first one I bought was as a gift. This will also be the first time I'll see a sandwhich dial 'in the metal', so I am rather looking forward to receiving it. I'll be sure to post a review and photos when it arrives :)

Depending on who delivered the watch , how much per day/week you change your straps and how carefull you are ,

i think you will need some springbars from River in the future if you have 12 srtraps laying around.

And ofcourse your still missing a lot of nice PAM's , like i do.

Regards,

Cats

Great advice Kruzer! I am responsible for a few scratches myself and I am very patient. I did not know coated screwdrivers were available. Do you know of a source?

The bergeon screwdrivers are great. If you are a clutz like me I would suggest either coating the 1.4 with a liquid rubber or buying a coated screwdriver. I scratched the hell out of the case arms swapping straps.

Great advice Kruzer! I am responsible for a few scratches myself and I am very patient. I did not know coated screwdrivers were available. Do you know of a source?

Cats, Kruzer, thanks! Like vlydog I too await an answer, because I searched on eBay and nothing came up for "coated watch screwdrivers".

Cats -- I don't know how often I'll be changing the straps, but if I know my personality, it'll be daily if not twice-daily AT LEAST. My fantasy mini-Fiddy is from Paul with brown leather strap/tang buckle, and my Pam 111h is from Andrew, coming with the sporty rubber strap and deployant.

Of the two, without even seeing them yet, I'm sure the mini-Fiddy will look more elegant on my wrist, and the Pam 111h will be the most authentic for my budget, so far.

I have seen some of V's straps in other threads, but fear my strap budget has been blown already. Some of the straps here literally make my eyes bulge. I want them all, ALL.

But I think even $50 would be a lot. Boo. Stupid cash-flow.