When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help to find CG

messenius

Hi

New to this forum and started my pam affection by putting together a franken pam. I know this might not be the easiest way to start, but I'm allready on my way and found out that to complete this project I need your help and wisdom.

So the situation is following. I have a jimmyzfu case with bezel, crystal, caseback and dial and hands. The movement is on its way, so what I need most a this point is a crown guard. Since Jimmy has run out his guards I have to find one that fits to his case.

By reading earlier threads, I have found out that this isn't a easy quest. It seems that Jimmy's cg quality is hard to match. Also Jimmy told me that his case is based on F series and in my understanding these guards are smaller than present 'historic' (H series onwards) ones. So what I am dreaming of is to find cg that is right size, good quality and don't need excessive modding. Am I asking too much?

Best

Messenius

Rep crownguards will fit but you need to make sure the screws do as well. The CG's are almost impossible to find. I have seen more than four figure PAM trade fall apart over the lack of a Jimmy CG. I would guess the going rate, if you can find one, is well in excess of the cost of any other part - certainly $200+. :wounded1:

Rep crownguards will fit but you need to make sure the screws do as well. The CG's are almost impossible to find. I have seen more than four figure PAM trade fall apart over the lack of a Jimmy CG. I would guess the going rate, if you can find one, is well in excess of the cost of any other part - certainly $200+. :wounded1:

True.. couldn't have said it better.

Yep, yep, yep yep... Jimmy's crown guards are the bomb....

Feast you eyes on these pics.... purchased this second hand jimmy crown guard from V just after jimmy sold his last one.... I broke in to a panic thinking I would never get a another chance to get my hands on one of these master pieces... luckily V posted this one in the offers section and I snatched this of V's hands in like a nano second...It surprised me that several members had past this by, disapointed that it was second hand....

Anyway I and more the happy with this baby, looking for a gen crystal and gen dial to build a handsome franken Panerai painted dial base....

Good luck on your quest...

Configuration:

Jimmy case

Jimmy CG

Jimmy Bezel

Palp Crown

PS sorry but this baby is not for sale, not even for 500$

post-406-1183676802_thumb.jpg

post-406-1183676808_thumb.jpg

post-406-1183676813_thumb.jpg

post-406-1183676819_thumb.jpg

Thanks for help guys.

I was almost ready to settle for any cg that fits my case, but after having closer look of ravishingrick's pictures there seems to be only one option for me :(

So what is needed from me right now is patience, good luck and serious cash... and offers from you lucky owners of this small piece of fine crafted metal ;)

messenius