When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO lite

FxrAndy

I've got both an ETA and Lite UPO... I've got to say I'm pretty thrilled with the UPO... I've had no issues at all with the ETA version... My Lite had a minor issue with the movement holder clamps working loose (easily fixed, and easily prevented).

I'd have no quams at all about recommending the UPO Lite to anyone who's still lacking a PO in the 45mm size.... its well worth the price.

I read the bit about your clamps i think. I am quite impressed by the response here as it is all good, you imagine if there had been a couple of failing's, we would have heard about them.

I also have both the ETA and "Lite" versions but from different dealers and I've noticed that the "Lite" version actually has a more accurate bracelet than the ETA version, it has a more pronounced curve to it. As I said, they came from different dealers so I don't know if that is the reason or if the bracelet has been "improved" for the "Lite" version. As for the movements, there both run very well but the ETA doesn't keep such good time as the "Lite". All in all, the "Lite" version UPO is a fantastic rep for the money and I couldn't recommend it more highly ! :1a:

• 2 weeks later...

Only issue I have seen with a uPO lite was a lot of free-play on the crown when trying to set the time on an example that had had the movement removed and replaced during some work to straighten an hour marker. It's not an uncommon problem with Asian movements in general after the stem has been removed and replaced a couple of times. ETA uPO never had the same problem (as long as you use the correct screwdriver and technique to remove the stem!!!!)