When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unhappy transaction with member 12.5/1

cwai02

I can't change the title. Now it should more be "Unhappy transaction with member 12.5/1"

Title changed..........Ken

Update: I finally got my watch back and I have sent the canal st crap back to him.

It was after all the complaints on RWI and getting him banned there.

It was a PITA. I hope he learned the lesson and check the stuff before he sells anything.

----------------

A few weeks ago, I posted a FS/FT thread at RWI and I received an offer from this guy. He offered me a River's ETA GMT Rolex for my ETA Omega aqua terra that I bought from King for $190.

In his PM, he assured me that, quote:

"The watch has a swiss ETA movement. It was bought from River for quite a bit of money as reps go."

"By the way You will make out in this deal"

"The movement is ETA 2836-2"

Unfortunately, I found a few problems when I received the watch. First, the GMT hand is not working. Second, the crystal is not sapphire crystal as I found a scratch on it. Third, I found the movement is not as smooth as my other eta watch.

I pmed 12.5 a few times and he is not very helpful. Basically he is telling me that it is an eta watch and the crystal is "supposed" to be sapphire crystal. Well, I trusted him and believed that it is an ETA as he said the watch is from River, so it wasn't such a big deal as I am giving it away.

However, after I saw Base thread

http://www.replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1476

http://www.replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1545

I started to doubt this guy's integrity. RBJ offered to open the case for me and check it for me for free. As I actually have the tools, so I did it myself.

http://www.replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1529

The result was negative. I received a "Canal St. $30 crap" I complained to 12.5 and he said he got the watch from (name removed, he is a reputable member @RWG anyway) and he had no idea if it is ETA. I also got River's confirmation that this is not his watch. I requested a money back or my watch back. Unfortunately, this guy traded my watch already. Whatsoever...

So, I ve been scammed. I gave 12.5/1 a week to solve the issue before postive a negative review. I think this is reasaonble. The solution is simple, either money back or watch back. After a few days or ignoring my email, he finally replied my PM today (deadline):

"That GMT function worked like the gen. It worked when I sent it I think you may have damaged it when you started messing with the watch...I am not paying you $200."

So, this guy is telling me that "There is nothing that I can do" again.

I think we are not going to have a solution as he intended to scam me from the beginning. Also, according to what base said, 12.5/1 apologized to him and told him that the sunglass is genuine. Well, but 12.5/1 didn't offer him a damn thing for compensation.

Lastly, I have tried to calm myself down and work with the seller to find a soluction. I have given him enough time and I don't think anything he is going to do. This guy won't even pay me a dime.

Edited by kenberg

hm, posting his personal info+phone number might a little headily... maybe he didnt know it wasnt eta? i dont know, but i sure wanna know what he has to say

btw. the movement is a piece of sh*t... i worked on TWO of those, they are not reliable, dont keep time properly (runs 10minutes fast a day when on my wrist, but runs fine when on the desk)... rotor falls of sometimes... simply junk

Edited by slay

I complained to 12.5 and he said he got the watch from Rolexman and he had no idea if it is ETA.

WTF!!!.. not me! I never owned nor sold a GMT to anyone. Is it possible there are two Rolexmen?

Edited by Rolexman

WTF!!!.. not me! I never owned nor sold a GMT to anyone. Is it possible there are two Rolexmen?

Don't worry it is not you my friend.

He now says that it is some mistery Rolexman on ebay that get's watches from River.

• 2 weeks later...