When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Post Joshuas Beginmariner - Lots of Pics + Datewheel discussion

piratedzeus

Both my noobmariner and my beginmariner had the same lighter font date wheel like your noobmariner. From your pic of your beginmariner, it looks like you have the older heavier font date wheel on that watch. I never did get my beginmariner to the watchmaker to check the beat- it was doing fine, but I gave it to my nephew when he gave me back the dead noobmariner. I don't know if my watchmaker will be able to revive it, or if I'll have to do a transplant- I was kinda thinking a Miyota 8215 might be a good choice. And my nephew knocked off the pearl- now I get to try the watchmaterial pearl on the insert.

The font on his datewheel looks the same as mine. The numbers appear to be sort of squat looking. On the 1st pic with the # 5, tho, my 5 doesn't seem so thickly drawn.

The pix are decieving, but my rehaut seems a bit less conical and shinier. Also, the bezel on mine seems less textured and shinier.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about with the 21,600 beat and what the mystery is. How'se about a hint ?

Josh did have a pic of the watch hooked up to a machine reading 28,000.

What is very important to me is that when I opened the case ( just once ) the movement was gold and finished in damascened metal...engine turned like overlapping fish scales. It was beautiful and unlike pix of any movements I've seen on this site or others, ETA or immitation. The rotors are always rough looking.

PZ : Is your movement finished this way ?

My movement is running fine. It does tend to lose 4 sec./day, but if I leave the watch crown up overnight, it corrects itself.

Just my 2 cents.