When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

@#*^&!+#$%!@#$@#%

Nanuq

Call me butterfingers but I dropped my DW Daytona with Mystery Movement from waist high onto a tile floor.

:Jumpy:

Okay, hold it ... it was A-C-C-I-D-E-N-T-A-L this time!! I can report that the movement took the hit just fine, no worries there.

BUT... my crown was unscrewed and it fell onto the crown. :black_eye: That bashed it enough that it cross-threaded the crown onto the tube and when I unscrewed it to ascertain the damage the tube unscrewed from the case. :mellow:

I took it apart and the tube/crown/stem are well and truly trashed. :thumbdown:

So, who here knows how to fix this for me and wants to take a stab at it? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks! I know it's not that big of a deal to do, but my time is SO sparse that it will sit on my shelf for a year before I get to it. I just know it.

Anyone?

:o this is sad news nanuq -- i think i might just break out into tears if this were to happen to my dw 6362 :cry:

i'm sure ziggy would be happy to help. i'm curious, was the crown & tube genuine? :g:

if so, this is really too bad. :wounded1:

if not, look on the bright side -- your dw daytona just got an upgrade :victory:

either way, i'm sure you will sort it out...

deltatahoe

Sounds to me like a perfect opportunity to upgrade to a gen crown and tube, Bob... Easy fix. Case should be re-tapped to clean the threads, and the 7030 will thread right in.

Honestly, I'd be more concerned about that mystery movement sustaining damage. Those things are so volatile...