When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

steelfish spring bars?

cableguy

one end link on my sfso seems to be moving more and more,(im afraid it will fall off if i keep wearing it in this state) i think i need to replace the spring bar, looking at them without removing them the ends look like they are bent is that normal?

what size spring bars do i need to purchase? anything i should know as well?

thanks!

damm i think my bars are both damaged then somehow.... if i look at where i would put in a screwdriver to remove them its looks like this

\_________/ <---well not THAT extreme but u get the idea

so it should be straight JUST like a rolex spring bar correct?

damm i think my bars are both damaged then somehow.... if i look at where i would put in a screwdriver to remove them its looks like this

Yes, the spring bars should be straight - not sure about the rolex, but as Pug says, the SFSO uses the standard (straight) 22mm spring bar. You're right, if yours look like your drawing, they were damaged somehow. I wouldn't wear the watch until after replacing them.

Hopefully the holes weren't drilled in the wrong area. Many times they solve this by slightly bending the springbar with dental floss or similar to get them to snap in. Go for leather or rubber instead! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

nooooo, i love the heavy bracelet.... i hope i can replace the spring bars and have it work fine...

so its just 22mm spring bars? do i have to look for a certian thickness ?

yeah its normal 22mm spring bars.. the thickness i don't know.. sometimes if u use a thinner one the watch will move around.. so if u go to a normal watch repairer (those ones that does bracelet resizing and battery change).. they might be able to sell it to u for maybe $2.. if u have the GUTS! like my friend with his datejust replica.. go to an AD and they'll replace it for u for free.. eventhough i don't recommend you to do the second one.. because ull be hated in this board if u do it :p heheheh joke.. i wish i was a vip member!! :@ i hate being an apprentice but i dont have paypal! :(

I'm gonna order a 100 pack of spring bars from the bay

12mm - 24mm 10 of each size.... for 8.00 i hope.... they are 1.5mm thickness i hope this is the right one

*damm the deal fell thru, he want 15.00 for the mixed bag or 4.00 for 100 in 1 size....what am i gonna do with (98) 22mm spring bars lol

Mine appear bent as well, it seems to be common on reps. I've not taken the bracelet off because I think it's going to be really somewhat tricky to put back on because of that (I've got a Tag Link which came with bent springbars and I've spent hours trying to refit the bracelet). My Explorer II was the same.

yea im really scared now to take it off....cause what if i cant get it back on lol. =/

its not hard at all you just have to find the hole :p.. that takes a long time.. but lets put it this way.. the only thing that im scared off is sometimes.. the the springbars would shoot and then ull lose it.. so if u havent done this before make sure u have a spare spring bars