When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's new and improved VC Overseas

watcher71

Look at Puretime's version

Correct VC logo and date window, along with correct placement of the markers!

But then they ****ed up the rehaut markings and the "Vacheron Constantin" font on the dial.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/pure.../OVERSEA%20NEW/

Dude, this version is much better looking - but that crooked cross is too funny.....

I agree the cross looks better and the trapezoid date wheel cut out is correct. But I am curious about the reasons for the six extra screws on the caseback? Ther are two near each lug instead of one and two by the crown. That seems odd?

Dude...what, do you want the back to fall of your watch or something? The rep is 6 times less likely to fall off. :D

As long as our sphincters are clenching, the date window may be the right shape on PT's, but it has a border around it that's as unfortunate as the shape on Jos's. Also the 12,3,6,and 9s are all slightly misshapen, and the bracelet is still not quite there. Still, I'm probably going to buy one of Jos's and transplant the dial from the old version, which is much better...and I shall not worry because I will not wear it into an AD or the next chapter luncheon of the Vacheron Overseas Owners' Organization (VOOO).

Does VC offer a version on leather--I have a totally ideosyncratic and unexplainable aversion to bracelets.

--I have a totally ideosyncratic and unexplainable aversion to bracelets.

I know the feeling but I have started to like wearing SS bracelets after having owned a OMEGA SMP :) IMHO there is no point getting this watch withouth the bracelet..take it off and out on a strap from a $100 Asian VC and be happy Archibald :thumbsupsmileyanim:

VC's are great as its a rare human who really has seen many of them.....i was in an AD that did not carry VC's, and was trying on some omegas....the salesmen who has been there for eons and is a self titled watch guru, handled said VC rep, and had absolutely no clue it was not real...in fact he kissed my arss like i was fricken j paul getty back from the grave, with a pocketful o cabbage, and watches on me mind. lolol

VC's are great as its a rare human who really has seen many of them.....i was in an AD that did not carry VC's, and was trying on some omegas....the salesmen who has been there for eons and is a self titled watch guru, handled said VC rep, and had absolutely no clue it was not real...in fact he kissed my arss like i was fricken j paul getty back from the grave, with a pocketful o cabbage, and watches on me mind. lolol

Which one did you have?

Mine arrived yesterday and it's a stunner!

I spent what time I had last night polishing it and cleaning and oiling the bracelet (and putting Loctite on the screws) but will get some pics this weekend. The bracelet does appear to be diamond cut and the dial does have a silverish kind of sheen :)

Hi Longshot, thanks for posting the photos. what is your impression of the bracelet? and overall impression? and just bothered are you by the cross? Thanks for the input.

The bracelet rocks after tightening ALL the screws and a clean and oil and polish, but every screw on the watch was loose. Honestly, even with my glasses on it's hard to see the details of the cross so it does not bother me at all! So far it's +2 seconds in 24 hours. There is also a lot of cool detail in the dial that's hard to see. The edges of the markers are polished but the arabics are a matte aluminum finish. All the printing is very crisp and clear, as good as my ETA 2893 FM Conquistador. It's also much less bling than I expected with a lot more brush finish and less high polish. I think it would benefit from taking the bezel off (if that's possible) and giving the front of the case a good re-brush and then some Flitz or Semichrome. I was kind of surprised when I looked at the pics as the fit and finish looks much, much better in person than it does at 5X life size :rolleyes:

For me if I did it over again I would get the black dial. I'm a really casual guy and even though it's a dress/sport watch the white/silver dial is a maybe little too formal for me. I've actually emailed Josh to see if there is anyway I could get a black dial and chapter ring for it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So is Puretime's VC Overseas a 1:1 copy? I really want one but I can't choose between the two...... :wub:

1:1 (which the VC is not) is marketing shorthand for an accurate rep (Which the VC is) and should be taken w/ a grain of salt. The closest rep to 1:1 I've ever owned was a Conquistador w/ an OEM dial, strap, and crown and any FM dealer could have picked out at least 3 flaws in less than 30 seconds. Even so, 99.999% pf the population of the planet couldn't spot 1:2 or 1:3 reps!