When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's new and improved VC Overseas

watcher71

Anyone else see Joshua's new VC Overseas? To my untrained eye, it looks pretty damn good compared to photos of the genuine. I guess that makes sense since a genuine was used by the manufacturer to replicate it. The only potential flaw I see (and it may not be a flaw at all) is that the VC emblem under the 12 does not appear to be of the same size or as pronounced as it is on the genuine. Either way, this could very well be my next rep.

Fantastic improvement on the CG. Nearly pulled trigger too. If the manufacturer can really take a further step to improve the VC Logo matching the gen. which I think is not too difficult to do, it definitely is my next target.

I don't think there will be more versions. These are only medium sellers. Having said that, you can't get closer to a Gen than this.

Nitpikking is the specialty of the house, but you'd have to have them side by side and then STUDY them.

This is as good a rep as it gets. It's gonna fool the AD's . Just don't take it off your wrist.

I don't think there will be more versions. These are only medium sellers. Having said that, you can't get closer to a Gen than this.

Nitpikking is the specialty of the house, but you'd have to have them side by side and then STUDY them.

This is as good a rep as it gets. It's gonna fool the AD's . Just don't take it off your wrist.

My thoughts exactly, that's why I ordered one Sat night just after Joshua sent me a heads up :victory:

It appears to be almost as good, if not as good, as my FM Conquistador rep and I've worn that one in to 3-4 high end watch AD's and no one has ever questioned it.

I agree the Maltese Cross does not look perfect but to me the big plus of the newest version is that it appears thinner and more like the gen. I've only seen one gen Overseas and what appealed to me about it was that it was large at 42mm, but slim. The older version rep looks thicker and a bit clunkier (at least to me).

apparant flaws are as follows:

VC cross

6 and 9 on the dial slightly different

datewheel font

but for sure this baby will fool the AD's provided you dont let them do a side by side comparison with the gen.

my buddy is about to order it this week, and i am finally getting the IWC titanium GST. cant wait to see them in person!

apparant flaws are as follows:

VC cross

6 and 9 on the dial slightly different

datewheel font

but for sure this baby will fool the AD's provided you dont let them do a side by side comparison with the gen.

my buddy is about to order it this week, and i am finally getting the IWC titanium GST. cant wait to see them in person!

date-window shape too. but all these are minor. i think the cross is the only obvious thing, it's ugly as [censored]. i wonder why they use it on some gens... bracelet looks really fine to me, too.

Edited by Hok

that maltese cross is very ordinary. i realise that the factories always have to put in a few flaws, but that cross is riduculous. i think the other flaws mentioned are undectable, but an AD would spot this rep at a quick glance, because gens don't have four leaf clovers on the dial!

Edited by PunkJr

that maltese cross is very ordinary. i realise that the factories always have to put in a few flaws, but that cross is riduculous. i think the other flaws mentioned are undectable, but an AD would spot this rep at a quick glance, because gens don't have four leaf clovers on the dial!

I love these VC reps :wub:

There is alwasy some irritationg detail to point out on reps :lol: I guess if one is really desperate one can get a correct looking “Maltese cross” placed on the dial by your local watchsmith. BTW but how hard are these “Maltese crosses”to make or to come by?

Regards

Gran :)

I love these VC reps :wub:

There is alwasy some irritationg detail to point out on reps :lol: I guess if one is really desperate one can get a correct looking “Maltese cross” placed on the dial by your local watchsmith.

Fantastic idea, Gran!

BTW but how hard are these “Maltese crosses”to make or to come by?

Look no farther than your rep collection. Somehwere in my house there is an old quartz overseas I bought from klink back in the day. If it has an applied cross that's better than jos's new version, I'm in.

Look at Puretime's version

Correct VC logo and date window, along with correct placement of the markers!

But then they ****ed up the rehaut markings and the "Vacheron Constantin" font on the dial.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/pure.../OVERSEA%20NEW/

I agree the cross looks better and the trapezoid date wheel cut out is correct. But I am curious about the reasons for the six extra screws on the caseback? Ther are two near each lug instead of one and two by the crown. That seems odd?