When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitlings with Bling?

gridlock1983

Has anybody actually bought a Breitling with the CZ bezel from anyone?

I was really considering getting one but I wanted to know what the CZ 's looked like when shining.

Are you pleased with yours or would you just go for the standard look?

No.. I think putting diamonds onto a Breitling is a big misunderstanding. The highly polished stainless steel is already very reflective and eye-catching, stuffing it with fake diamonds is overkill. I do, however, believe the chronomat with white face and gold accents is beautiful. There is, relatively speaking, a small amount of gold on the watch... but it looks gorgeous.

I tried on a full gold chronomat evolution at my local jewelry store - it has presence. That, I would not mind wearing. Diamonds? Belong on a lady watch in my opinion...

I tend to agree with Corgi.

Many Breitlings have busy designs, which makes them stand out from a lot of other brands. So use a bit of restraint with them.

For example, in general I prefer bracelets to straps, but with my SS Evo the bracelet looks a bit too bright, and the restraint of a leather strap makes an overall impression that is warmer and classier.

Have you considered the two-tone Navitimer or Evo? Those push the envelope for showiness, but in a classy way (and I like the two-tone bracelets over the SS bracelets).

and whats wrong with Liberace.

nobody could play piano at the speed that he could.

back on to topic,

my Evo should be here next week so I'll see what it looks like.

My friend has a gen breitling with a diamond bezel and in true fashion of keeping up with the jones' I thought I'd investigate

They glitter very well when the light hits them. But one thing to realize is that they are set in the bezel so that the bottoms of them are recessed, so they are quite a bit more subtle than on some other watches. I have the CZ version. Also the grey dial with black subdials looks great on a gen gator strap:

280102-961.jpg

280102-962.jpg

280102-963.jpg

280102-964.jpg

280102-965.jpg

My TT Navi was gorgeous... but actually it was a bit "overkill" for me... And besides, it didn't fit my wrist properly (the band didn't have enough links), so I sold it. And I don't usually dress well enough for a TT watch... just casual clothes for me most of the time.

280110-955.jpg

280110-956.jpg

You wont pass cZ's as diamonds inless its a stud earring or something. Diamonds (especially on a full diamond watch) are bright and white color.. cz's are just blah looking clear stones. Still a nice look though. You can prob get away with a cz bezel but anymore and it looks fake unless they are real diamonds. I had a FULL diamond BCE black dial done up a while back and it was BRIGHT. i have a cz encrusted rep day-date and its not even the same thing in any kind of light.

I love diamonds so I personally like diamonds on Breitlings.. i have friends with diamond super avengers and my one boss's has a full diamond BCE (GEN) and my other boss just got a new stainless bentley Flying B done in full diamonds.. awesome looking watch.

Lonnie

My TT Navi was gorgeous... but actually it was a bit "overkill" for me... And besides, it didn't fit my wrist properly (the band didn't have enough links), so I sold it. And I don't usually dress well enough for a TT watch... just casual clothes for me most of the time.

280444-684.jpg

280444-685.jpg

this looks like an awesome rep.

a lot of the other ones have really poor finishing on the gold plating and it often looks "bobbly" for want of a better word.

can anybody recommend a good place to get on like this?

The TT Navitimer was the best plated two-tone watch I've had. Including a gen TAG Aquaracer quartz tt.

The good feel comes from the natural heavy weight of a 7750-powered watch, and the solid bracelet. Actually the rep didn't have quite as good feel as the gen, but first oiling it, and then waxing it gently with Turtle car wax does miracles.

The TT Navitimer was the best plated two-tone watch I've had. Including a gen TAG Aquaracer quartz tt.

The good feel comes from the natural heavy weight of a 7750-powered watch, and the solid bracelet. Actually the rep didn't have quite as good feel as the gen, but first oiling it, and then waxing it gently with Turtle car wax does miracles.

im not a fan of two tone watches at all, but WOW that Navi is beautiful. I'll probably even buy one eventually

:thumbsupsmileyanim: