When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer CN1151 Quartz TT

MikeC65

Here's my genuine Tag Heuer CN1151 quartz TT (Tag 2000 series). Local major department store is shutting down and had watches MAJORLY marked down... mostly things like Citizen (not that there's anything wrong with that) but also had about a dozen Tags including this watch which lists for $2,495 and is in stock at the local Bailey, Banks and Biddle for that price. The cheapest price I could find on the internet was about $1,650. I paid $990 for it. Yeah, yeah, it's a quartz movement but boy, it looks nice. And you can't beat 60% off list. Plus, I have 5 reps and it's nice to have at least one high-end gen.

These photos don't really do it justice, the contrast between the SS and the gold doesn't show up all that well, and you don't really get the effect of the silver face, but it was the best I could do. This is one nice looking watch. I just wish it was a bit bigger. It's 39mm.

post-1240-1146636388_thumb.jpg post-1240-1146636440_thumb.jpg

Edited by MikeC65

I just got a blue Aquaracer Quartz gen myself. Nothing wrong with the quartz...the blue face with silver dials is the best looking watch TAG makes IMO...the automatic is not as nice. The Blue face looks almost radioactive when in direct light...and the superluminova!

It's also great to have a quartz in the collection. Set it to the atomic clock, and it will stay pinpoint accurate for months. I have been using it as a reference for my reps, and to help regulate them to within seconds per day.

I'd have to say that the TAGs are probably the best built watches out there. tyhe machining, form and fit are remarkable. Nothing is misaligned...nothing is machined anywhere less than perfection...ythe watch is heavy, and great looking. Build quality is a step above Rolex IMHO.

Too bad there areen't more TAG reps. These days I get more complements on the TAG than any other watch. A lot of athletes and actors are wearing the newer designs and popularizing them.

Tag is the college guys dream watch. That's what I wanted when I was in college. I went to Michigan. My brother was also there with me. He said he was sitting in class by a few football players that just got drafted to the NFL and they were talking about what Tag they were going to buy.

Hey, I went back to the store and found another awesome deal: a TAG Aquaracer mechanical chrono with a blue face. It is GORGEOUS. It's $1,995 list and I bought it for $795. Not much more than what an expensive rep costs. It's brand new, still had the plastic on it. It's model #CAF2112. Here it is on Tag's website: Tag Heuer Aquaracer Automatic Chronograph

This is it, though... there isn't anything good left and I asked and they aren't getting any more shipments. Doesn't matter, I'm out of money, and besides, the Aquaracer and the tt quartz is enough for now.

I will post some pictures as soon as I get a chance. Andrew seems to be the only one of the dealers that has a rep of the aquaracer (his is white or black face, not blue), but comparing the pics to the gen, unfortunately his isn't a very accurate rep, not to mention that the chrono is not functional.

Edited by MikeC65