When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 111H

mickeyfinn52

Hi all, I just received my 111H from Davidsen and it looks beautiful. I'm going to go out now and pick up a tiny screwdriver to play with some straps and take some pictures for you guys.

Anyhow, which way do I wind the crown for power?

You wind the crown away from yourself, or, if looked at from the crown guard side, clockwise :)

I'm looking forward to some pics, I was interested in this one myself. Looked good on the bracelet also, did you get the bracelet too?

No, I didn't get the bracelet, I got a black leather strap with white stitching. I am actually quite suprised at the quality of the strap, definitetly comparable to my BOB Vertigo strap.

Pics will be posted soon!

You wind the crown away from yourself, or, if looked at from the crown guard side, clockwise :)

Thank you. :)

Hey,

I am so sorry about not posting pictures yet, but I am waiting to borrow a friends camera and to receive my third strap, Greg Crazy Horse with black stitching. I'll do a photoshoot then.

For anyone that is interested in the 111H that Davidsen offers I can tell you that the watch is beautiful. Davidsen is great to deal with and answered all my questions daily. The watch came in less than a week (to Canada) using standard shipping and arrived well packaged. There were no problems at customs. You'll need a 1.4mm precision flathead screwdriver to install the strap he packages seperately in the same box.

The AR is generously applied, the lume is strong. Less than 5 minutes in the sun will give you a strong lume. The lume is consistent across the dial, including the hands.

It is keeping good time and is right on par with my computer clock daily. I wind the watch roughly 30 times in the morning and that lasts the entire day, however it seems that the turning of the crown has lost some resistance, I guess it has now been "worked-in." 30 rotations no longer lasts the day. I'll keep working with it and let you guys know if this is a problem or normal.

The crown is thick and the crownguard is nicely brushed. David has the pics on his site. The crownguard lever holds up in its position and comes down with a little pull. Just perfect.

The cannon pinnion is long and flush with the upper hand.

The sandwich dial is thick and you can notice it is definitely a sandwich dial. Some people have said that David's sandwich dial's are thin; this isn't.

The "L SWISS MADE L" is still kind of close to the "6" and the perimeter of the dial. Like the gen, there is an equal amount of space between the "6" and the perimeter, but it's just smaller. The case is supposed to be 1:1, so I don't know why the space is smaller. To be honest though, it still looks good and the dial of the watch is sharp.

The watch is heavy and well built. I have switched straps over a dozen times and the screws are not cheap and come in and out as they should.

The strap I chose was a black leather strap with white stitching. The leather is maybe 3mm thick and is soft. Smells good too. It's definitely not a cheap strap and when I need to wear a black strap, I will wear this one. Very comparable to a BOB Vertigo IMO.

I'll get pics up when my Greg Crazy Horse arrives.

As to how this watch compares to the gen or past rep 111H models, others will chime in. This is my first rep.

you will know when you've fully wound the mainspring -- essentially you won't be able to wind anymore. ziggy has said that unless you're maliciously trying to overwind the watch, there is a very low likelihood of breaking the mainspring.

fyi, the standard power reserve for a handwind 6497 is about 48 hours....

hope this helps,

deltatahoe

you will know when you've fully wound the mainspring -- essentially you won't be able to wind anymore. The Zigmeister has said that unless you're maliciously trying to overwind the watch, there is a very low likelihood of breaking the mainspring.

fyi, the standard power reserve for a handwind 6497 is about 48 hours....

hope this helps,

deltatahoe

I recieved my Davidsen 113 white dial on last week. It's great!

You'll know when your 111H fully wound; because u can clearly feel that it can't be wound anymore. So don't worry about breaking the mainspring. Just keep wound it until it you feel it stop. I haven't count how many round to wind as it full; but after fully wound my 113 will run around 2 days.

BTW, I found that my C3 lumed hands & dial seems won't last one night. Maybe several hours; I think. After that it totally gone-out without any lume....How about yours? :g:

Having fun with your new toy!

Best Regards,

Raymond

Edited by rckh

This is my The Zigmeister modified 111H. I got the Super Luminova application along with the cannon pin upgrade. I loved it so much that I ended up getting a honey gator croc strap from HKTan. Definately one of my favorite reps. I hear that the Davidson dial has the correct positioning of the "swiss made" though. One of the few noticable flaws on the 111H. The other is the 005 serial and the incorrect shape of the regulator needle of the swan neck.

284157-9614.jpg

I recieved my Davidsen 113 white dial on last week. It's great!

You'll know when your 111H fully wound; because u can clearly feel that it can't be wound anymore. So don't worry about breaking the mainspring. Just keep wound it until it you feel it stop. I haven't count how many round to wind as it full; but after fully wound my 113 will run around 2 days.

BTW, I found that my C3 lumed hands & dial seems won't last one night. Maybe several hours; I think. After that it totally gone-out without any lume....How about yours? :g:

Having fun with your new toy!

Best Regards,

Raymond

If I charge the lume well by placing it under a strong lamp for roughly 10 minutes the lume will last several hours. It does die out though after this, but it is still faint and readable in the dark, however relative to when it's strong, it looks unlumed.

In regards to winding the watch all the way until the crown can not be wound anymore, how many winds does this usually take? I read somewhere on here that 25-30 winds is a "full-wind," but that doesn't last me an entire day, close to, but not the full day.

So, how many winds roughly? 50?

If I charge the lume well by placing it under a strong lamp for roughly 10 minutes the lume will last several hours. It does die out though after this, but it is still faint and readable in the dark, however relative to when it's strong, it looks unlumed.

In regards to winding the watch all the way until the crown can not be wound anymore, how many winds does this usually take? I read somewhere on here that 25-30 winds is a "full-wind," but that doesn't last me an entire day, close to, but not the full day.

I haven't counted how many winds, but it is quite a bit. You will definately feel it stop for sure. Fully wound, it should last 2-3 days.

For me, 65-70 is a full wind.

Around 50 - 60 half-turns is usual for a 6947.

But one of my Asian 6947s takes about 150 half-turns... low-geared, I suppose.

I love the watch (a Davidsen) so I don't gripe.

Well, not much...

I didn't count how many round to wind fully in my 113; I think not more than 50....then work not less than 2 days.

RCKH