When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

solid gold vintage daytona

sydneysider

alright, I am seriously getting [censored] off.

All I have done is shown u people what I have come across and explained exactly what I know.

i have not animated anyone to send me money or ever proposed this. I am not acting as a dealer nor am I making a profit, as I have explained I thought a few of you might be interested to know these things exist and for what they go. if you ask around, I am sure some of the dealers on the web will source this exact watch for you, I dont think these are too hard to come across if u work in the business.

Money would not be sent to me, but to a respected dealer (whom i guess quite a few of you would know)whose details would be given to those genuinely interested, i do not want all kinds of idiots bothering this guy and getting info, then simply disappearing as is so often the case on these boards. I would pass on to those I know are active contributors to the boards and i would ask them to refrain from spreading the info freely. Just because I share this info I am being suspected of being a scam, etc. How clear do I have to be till people understand where I am coming from?

I have clearly stated that the pics are of TWO watches, do some people ever read bloody mails to the end before wetting their pants?!!!

I myself have had issues with the subdials and have asked for opinions. what follows?!Oh, he's probably a scammer! nice one!

AND: if i have difficulties uploading the pics it is alone my problem and I in NO WAY do I have to explain this to anyone. if u cannot wait 1 DAY for pics, then simply find something else to worry about. I have posted pics now, what more can I do!!!

I might have been able to lower the price for my own watch by a few hundred dollars by passing on a few more orders, but if this entails listening to so much s.it, then do your own homework and get the f..k out of my face. The money is NOT worth my time.

I was merely trying to share my enthusiasm about what I found, if this is too much for some people to understand and turns them to disrespect they are not worth my effort.

If u want to go through luccky, do so, as I stated he was where I began anyhow!!I tried through him and got no reply after the first mail.

All the best,

Robbie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the explanation, Robbie. You may have gathered that we are a wary lot. No offence was intended I'm sure. We tend to circle the wagons at the slightest provocation.

The watch is indeed exciting, but I'm sure others have noticed little things, such as improper countersinking of bridge screws, indicating the movement isn't really a 727, and a host of other issues. The quest for the perfect Daytona continues, but at least now we know we are dealing with a trusted source and the watch is what it is.

@krustybrand: what does improper countersinking of bridge screws mean? The seller has guaranteed it is a valjoux handwind 72, and I trust him to tell me the truth. I guess the movement pics im waiting for will clear this.

at the others: please point out anything else, as the more i know the better!

The PN dial is Singer, i think it is the same as most PN dials on ebay, but not sure.

Robbie

@krustybrand: what does improper countersinking of bridge screws mean? The seller has guaranteed it is a valjoux handwind 72, and I trust him to tell me the truth. I guess the movement pics im waiting for will clear this.

at the others: please point out anything else, as the more i know the better!

The PN dial is Singer, i think it is the same as most PN dials on ebay, but not sure.

Robbie

The Rolex V72 movements were in fact quite modified from stock. The flush bridge screws (rather than deeply countersunk) indicate that the movement is not a Rolex 727. V72, I'm not doubting, just not a 727.

FYI, I have purchased 2 "Singer" dials on Ebay. The pictures of the back of the dials are stock pictures. Neither dial is a Singer, and neither is even engraved as such. One is very good nevertheless, the other is now in the garbage. As someone already pointed out, the lume dot at 12 o-clock should be absent on the PN Daytona.

I have clearly stated that the pics are of TWO watches, do some people ever read bloody mails to the end before wetting their pants?!!!

I might have missed that, sry about that, but I sure didn't wet my pants :lol: just being a bit cautious i guess.. comes with the teritory ;)

@fitch: its cool, just asking for respectful interactions amongst us all! whatever floats ur boat :D

regarding only cases: I had suggested that, but the price the dealer quoted for just the case was ridiculous compared to finished project. just not worth it.

Didnt DW sell gold kits back then? Anyone still gotten a hold of him?

I have been looking for this watch for a while, and for me this option is thus far the cheapest. luckky is selling for more, even though i will not disclose his price. (although i dont know why i should show respect for someone who does not reply to genuinely interested mails of offer!)

i am looking to get the screw in pusher version, but i am worried about the quality of screw ins , i guess non screw would be safer or at least easier to fix.

I have a guy i know who can produce cases, and 18k guaranteed ones at that for good money, yet one would need a case that matches the exact measurements. i also doubt he could make screw in pushers.

well, any suggestions or interest, as i said please drop me a mail,

cheers,

Robbie

I think the watch would be coming from either Bangkok or Singapore, but my friend offered to buy the watch for me and have it sent to a mate of his here in sydney where i could pay in cash, as they do business together.

It would have to be arranged accordingly for other areas.

I know shipping is not a problem with this guy, have ordered numerous original datejusts and cartiers for friends and family, sent here (OZ) and to Germany, and have never had any issues whatsoever, he sends them with repair invoices.

still waiting on those movement pics and am just as curious as the rest of you!

@sydneysider: is a very interesting offer, I think there are around here some guys who are ready to spend this amouth in a high-end rep (me too) so please, keep us posted. Or better, I think I know who is your friend, I had some deals with him in the past and is 100% trusted, you could invite him to join with us, he has a lot of knowledge about vintage rolex and could be a great asset here.

Edited by torresp