When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

solid gold vintage daytona

sydneysider

hi guys,

first off: I am not a dealer nor am I looking to make a profit by the following idea, am merely looking to offer people a chance to get a rare watch, thus hopefully lowering the price for myself too!!

have a source that can supply solid gold daytonas, either 6263 or 6265's, come with valjoux 72 movements and singer dials. luccky was supposed to source one for me, but as always, no replies after initial mail.

would anyone be interested in these projects? they come around 2750 dollars US, but I am looking for a group buy to lower the price, as I am getting one in any case. come with leather bands, no gold band available.

I can forward pics from the guy I am in contact with if there is any interest among you, but please do not waste my time and ask all kinds of questions and then decide that the watch is expensive!

yes, its alot of money, I have thought about it alot too, but i am willing to try it , as i feel for solid gold paired with movement and dial, its stretching it a bit but its alright.

cheers,

Robbie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A long time ago, a dealer (I think it was Eddie) posted pix of a gold PN Daytona, Eddie said this rep was possibly going to be produced but nothing materialized. It was a stunning piece.

hi again guys,

I am having trouble with the pics, as when I copy and paste them the pics are empty.

will sort it out soon!

some more info:

watches are stamped 18k and are solid gold, but I have the suspicion they are 14K, as I have made that observation on a reworked universal geneve I once purchased, although not from this dealer.

valjoux 72 has the rolex engravings on it.

dials should be available in a few variations, I have pics of the gold PN dial and standard gold dial with black subdials.

no gold bands available (damn!), only leather bands come with the watch.

These watches are available, (I am not a scam,have been on TRC and RWG for ages!!) they have been for a while now. I do not collect money at any point, the dealer is a friend of mine who does not usually deal with reps, but came across these and called me, obviously I went nuts!

these things sell on ebay for fortunes.

cheers,

Robbie

this is the problem with the rep community, as soon as something new comes up hearts race and the excitement takes over!

Its not the cure for aids, its a watch!!relax!Ill get them up as soon as I can!

As I stated in my previous mail, copy and paste of the pics produces an empty photo, i have an older computer and it sometimes does this. I need to get pics from the dealer in a different format.

i would appreciate stuff like " whats so hard about posting pics" to be kept to onesself.

whats so hard about staying friendly?!

Robbie

all im trying to say is, hurry up an post them pics, im dying to see them. if you took that as a personal attack it was not meant to be. it seems that sometimes my humor is hard to understand on this forum for whatever reason. my apologies. friends? good. now lets see those pics!!!!!

@yodaddynukka: no worries.

the link does not work for me, says the link is broken or out of date.

luckky posted pics of the PN if I remember correctly and his had the white face, mine (well,my dealers') are different.

I do however suspect that the sources are not far apart, as the sphere my dealer goes on buying trips is around asia.

I will get to the pics asap, then we can all drool for a while and hopefully find some people interested.

cheers,

Robbie