When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

solid gold vintage daytona

sydneysider

the link works for me. you have to be a member of that forum or else you cant see it. it is very simple to sign up and the admin here is the same admin on that site. luckkky i think is offering 2 dials. if this is the same as your source, as long as the price is decent, count me in!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what forum is it?I thought i was a member in all the existent forums!

from what i could tell in the pics luckky/mine, it is the same work, but of course there is no way to find out, i will let u judge when the pics are up.

the only thing i am not too happy about are the subdial hands, as they are golden, while i believe the originals are black even on the full gold models. i could be wrong, but it was the same on lucckys models too. i guess, however, that our friends here will help us find a way to change those if they are in fact incorrect.

If you have pictures on your computer that show in a window - you can CNTL - ALT - PrtScn to capture the window. You can then do a "Paste as" into Microsoft Paint. Then you can crop the rest of the crap to get a picture - then you can save the picture into an image file that you want. Give that a shot. Hope this helps.

$2750 sounds like too much to me when I can get a genuine GP 18K gold chronograph used for $3500. Otherwise, it would still be quite nice.

does 2750 still sound like too much, when you look at the price for a gen solid gold pn? :lol:

unfortunately I am talking US dollars, as my post clearly showed.

I agree, u can get good GP's for that price, you could just as well get a real datejust, etc. but it all depends:

if there is no chance u will ever buy a genuine gold daytona, then this is a good option.

I dont have the money to fork out for the gen, so this is my best bet, as I have always dreamed of the watch since i saw it when i was younger. Now I am at a point where I own several genuines and can allow myself a toy, albeit an expensive one.

This is what I meant: either u appreciate this kind of thing or u dont, its not always a matter of: hey, its not real, too much $$$$.

If u cannot afford to spend the money, simply dont. people shouldnt always try and bad mouth other peoples decisions.

Especially considering the US dollar Euro rate, it is a good option for me, as I get paid in Euros.

I will try the photo tips, thanks guys, should i need any help Ill pm u if thats alright,

Robbie

guys, have tried to upload last pic and it did not work. these are basically the interesting pics i have, the others are of back and side, will post as soon as it works.

movement will follow, as i said. what do you guys think so far?

Anyone has ideas on the subdial hands?

Fitch-

Based on the two pics posted, they're also two completely different watches.

The first looks to be an 18k 6263 standard dial- This one is signed 'Oyster' on the dial, and so a Triplock crown and screwdown pushers are correct for this one.

The second looks like possibly another variation or option to the rep- This time a 6239 or 6241 PN (Exotic dial, non-Oyster signed, and pump pushers). Might just be two different options of the rep available? I dunno....