When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Opening Tools?

alant

Dear all, I'm new into this hobby and need some kind assistance. I'm looking for watch opening tools whereby I could use it to change watch bracelets/straps, opening of case backs etc. May I know where could I find these tools in Singapore or are there any recommended ones available online whereby I could get a set? Thanks & have a nice weekend.

Practically speaking, it depends on the watch you are working with and what you are trying to do... but if you are handy and creative, most simple tasks such as opening case backs and sizing straps / bracelets can be done using simple, common tools (e.g. an eyeglass screwdriver, a needle, good pliers, duct tape, etc).

There are correct tools to use for all tasks though :unsure: as you narrow down what exactly you want to do you might want to search the board and also check-out Birdman's section in the member trade area.

alant,

If you cast your eye to the top tool bar, you will find a header "Links"

Pop in there, and see what mysteries may be unveiled in the "Watch Tools" section!

Not being a S Arse here, just letting some of the newer members know we have a large selection of links to all manner of Horological info available... there should be a nights reading in there for anyone!

Offshore

Thanks for all the suggestions pals! Appreciate it, will go digest all the info and decide what to get. I'm mainly looking for tools for opening watch case backs and changing of watch straps. And is it true rolex watches need special tools to open up the case backs? Thanks.

I use the following tools on non-rolex watches:

282411-10666.jpg

This is for Rolexes:

282411-10667.jpg

All these were bought from dealers on this very forum: Narikaa and Precious Time.

As soon as I can get my Narikaa Sticky Ball inflated, I'll use that more, too.