When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My SFSO died

Emmzy

My Asian SFSO just died on me. I can get it going for an hour or 2 by manually winding for about 30 revolutions. It won't 'wake up' by shaking it. The hands look nice and free so no problems there. Any suggestions before I ask my dealer to swap it out? I've only had it for 3 weeks. :thumbdown:

My Asian SFSO just died on me. I can get it going for an hour or 2 by manually winding for about 30 revolutions. It won't 'wake up' by shaking it. The hands look nice and free so no problems there. Any suggestions before I ask my dealer to swap it out? I've only had it for 3 weeks. :thumbdown:

hey i got the eta version.. and first time i got it it only worked for 5 mins before it keeps stopping so ur lucky to even get 2 hrs :p.. ur problem sounds like mine pretty much.. anyway with mine.. there was no problem with the watch, the assembly of the movement wasn't right so i had to get it reserviced.. its probably the same as urs.. but i don't think its worth of reservicing the asian version.. so ill say contact the dealer back :)

Hi,

never after a certain time, but usually he's willing to help.

Which I would guess here, is that he would have the watch fixed provided that you ship it back at your costs.

It seems the Asian "ETA" 2813 is a clone of the Miyota 8215

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...=steelfish+lite

Don't know, maybe it's worth thinking swapping it, and you'll have a very reliable rep after that.

They sell at 30 EUR.

That's just a theory, should be validated in the adequate section.

replace the movement with Miyota 8215 ! ..

Andrew got back to me really quickly. Gave me instructions to send back to China. I'm sending tomorrow, will let you know how long it takes to turn the watch around.

This is my first failure in a year of rep collecting and 12 watches bought.