When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

n00b in need of guidance for SMP crono or Ultimate

ssabripo

hi everyone,

1st, I wanted to introduce myself....I live in Miami and have been drooling for several months over an OMEGA SMP crono or Ultimate. I recently purchased a rep from craigslist (Rolex Daytona) and was not very satisfied.

Anyways, I've been reading this wonderful forum all day non-stop :winkiss: , and have narrowed my choices to these three:

1. Omega Planet Ocean 45mm "Ultimate version" (in Orange)

283439-9990.jpg

2. Omega Speedmaster "Broad Arrow Venus" hand wind

283439-9991.jpg

3. Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph Asian 7750

283439-9992.jpg

after reading all the reviews and info, my head is fried!! I do have a few questions I'm hoping you gurus can help me with:

1. which of these watches would be the most reliable and accurate? I've read on this forum and elswhere that the Planet Ocean Crono with asian 7750 is very problematic, but man, I just love that watch!! should I stay away, or is it good?

2. where do you guys recommend getting the above? I've been closely watching perfectclones88, ttwristwatch, and watchgroup.....any preference from you guys?

if I'm a complete tool, or if there is any additional info you guys wanna share, I would appreciate it greatly! thanks in advance.

-Sherv

Hey man, you are in the exact same position as me except for me it was between the Omega uPO and the Breitling SFSO. I chose the uPO (although i'm sure I will purchase the later some other time). I live in the US (WA) and I too am having trouble deciding which dealer to get the uPO from, so if you buy it let me know your experience!

thanks guys....so I guess the uPO is really a hot seller here! :p

as far as purchasing, would anyone be kind enough in recommending a dealer in my area if you know one? How do I go about finding one in my area (fort lauderdale, Florida)?

will it be just the same to purchase from Andrew or Ruby?

sorry for the newbie questions

Hey man, you are in the exact same position as me except for me it was between the Omega uPO and the Breitling SFSO. I chose the uPO (although i'm sure I will purchase the later some other time). I live in the US (WA) and I too am having trouble deciding which dealer to get the uPO from, so if you buy it let me know your experience!

I'm going with teh UPO 45mm in Orange.

probably Andrew or Josh. :thumbsupsmileyanim: