When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob crystal on a MBW Case

triplehd

I think he want to change the crystal,because the magnification from the newer MBW 16610 is about 3x...

Too big magnifiaction in my opinion...

Tribal-correct. Some say that my MBW date mag is more like 3x instead of 2.5x. I have vac doing some mods for me and will let me know, by doing a sub comparison, whether or not my date mag is correct.

Anyone has a nice spare MBW crystal with the correct 2.5x mag?

I seem to remember someone selling after-market cyclopses.

Oh, and changing crystals won't help as much as you'd think as the magnification is a factor of the rehaut as well as the cyclops.

I seem to remember someone selling after-market cyclopses.

Oh, and changing crystals won't help as much as you'd think as the magnification is a factor of the rehaut as well as the cyclops.

I know Ofrei and Krysworks sell cyclopses relatively cheap and thought about replacing just the cyclops. As for the rehault, the rehault on my MBW is pretty deep. What do you think?

284247-9545.jpg

284247-9546.jpg

284247-9547.jpg

284247-9548.jpg

284247-9549.jpg

284247-9550.jpg

As for the rehault, the rehault on my MBW is pretty deep. What do you think?

I think that's the problem. :D

The too-deep rehaut on the MBWs/TWs is the reason the magnification is too high. The further away the datewheel, the higher the magnification.

The too-deep rehaut on the MBWs/TWs is the reason the magnification is too high. The further away the datewheel, the higher the magnification.

Any suggestions? Maybe get a cyclops with only 2x mag instead of 2.5x?

I wouldn't bother too much, the mag looks great.

Thanks Rep....after spending alot of time and money doing mods on this watch, I just didn't want to be left with having a crap date mag...

Tribal-correct. Some say that my MBW date mag is more like 3x instead of 2.5x. I have vac doing some mods for me and will let me know, by doing a sub comparison, whether or not my date mag is correct.

You could just swap the Noob magnifier... BUT, it's too big (size wise). So pick your poison. And it's not the rehaut that causes the over-magnification with an MBW. The rehaut is correct if not slightly shallow. The problem is the magnifier itself. As you can see, my old school TW Best has near perfect magnification of the date...

284721-9223.jpg

You are right,but in this case it's only the Cyclops it's about 3x or more...

On the older MBW modells the magnification is correct, but you have the same deep Rehaut...

Maybe changing the Cyclops only...

I could measure mine with dial calipers and let you know. But I'm on the road right now and didn't bring the sub with me, so you'll have to wait a week....

Thanks Cheif !

You are right,but in this case it's only the Cyclops it's about 3x or more...

On the older MBW modells the magnification is correct, but you have the same deep Rehaut...

Maybe changing the Cyclops only...

I like the crystal that I have - nice and thick. I may just get a new cyclops either from ofrei or from krysworks. Once Vac has finiished fixing the gen tube, I will post some pics and welcome everyone's feedback.