When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipment to USA, Aviod Custom problem?

rckh

Dear All:

I sold one of my collection to a member in USA. How chould I do to avoid CUSTOM problem? What should write on the item decription? Toys? Gift? Watch or anything?

Please kindly help!

Best Regards,

Raymond

hello there ...

i had a simmilar problem 2 weeks back when i sent my first watch from eu to states in a trade with a fellow meber of this here boards ...

PM me for the metod that worked as i removed it ... hope rckh will do the same ...

regards laz

Edited by lazarini

hello there ...

i had a simmilar problem 2 weeks back when i sent my first watch from eu to states in a trade with a fellow meber of this here boards ...

as i never did that i asked around more experienced members and got instructions that i will write u below ... worked like a charm for me and the watch delivered without a problem .

NOTE !!! i do not quarantee u nothing here im simply explaning how i was told to do it to have the best chance and no complication ... and it worked.

SO :

I packed the watch neatly in a padded envelope .

Inside i included sheet of paper with handwriten note stating something like this :

DEAR RAYMOND , HOW IS LIFE .

I EXCHANGED THE CRISTAL ON URE WATCH AND DID THE SERVICE IT RUNS SUPER NOW LET ME KNOW IF ALL WELL.

SAY HALO TO MARIA AND THE KIDS AND I HOPE TO SEE U HERE FOR THE HOLIDAYS AS AGREEED .

KIND REGARDS MARK AND MONIKA

after sealing the envelope i put it to post office sent it AIRMAIL , SIGNED FOR ...

on the customs declaration paper i wrote repared cristal value 35 usd .

Hope this helps

regards laz

Thx mate!

There is only one thing that pisses off a Customs Officer more than anything else...

When you LIE on the customs form.

Don't lie and you won't have any problems...lie, and expect to have problems...

RG

The Zigmeister ,

what u ment by that ... the metod above i got from "Verbal Kint" Robie ... and worked fine ...

if u think the metod i mentioned is not oka pls feel free to post what shoud be better ...

i dont quite get ure reply .. sorry for inconvinience .

regards laz

Really gullible these Customs guys.....lack of education you know...most of 'em are good ole boys from the backwoods....easy to pull a stroke on them....!