When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mmm! Purty Purdey

Victoria

Well, guys, I finally got myself a PAM 152! The infamous engraved Lion's head on the lid of the limited edition Panerai. Here she is!

285960-8530.jpg

Ain't she a beaut!

Hehe. Don't worry, I didn't get that one, although I notice this poor guy did from Jay:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...3&hl=Purdey

That was in August of 2006, so not sure if that was all that was available to him at that time, or if he just didn't know where to look. Or is this genuinely a vintage rep of Marina Militare Panerai?? Seems unlikely.

By the way, I'd like to thank Sql_pl for his gorgeous photographs of his girlfriend wearing this Lion on her wrist.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...5&hl=purdey

Those are the series of photographs that made me fall in love with the concept of the Panerai watch. From there, it was but a short leap into insanity. ;)

Well, it seems that 'purtiness' is definitely in the eye of the beholder. The PAM 152 was mentioned several times by such renowned RWGers as Narikaa & Pugwash in the "The Ugliest Genuine Panerai" thread:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...6&hl=purdey

Well, pfui on you! Another member is stylin' in his PAM 152. :yu:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...1&hl=purdey

Hotness, Rolli, hotness. *sizzling steak sounds*

Or is this genuinely a vintage rep of Marina Militare Panerai?? Seems unlikely.

Oh my, just thinking of militar officers (or crew) wearing Purdeys on their wrist... 285975-8519.gif

Oh my, just thinking of militar officers (or crew) wearing Purdeys on their wrist... 285985-8516.gif

Heh, sssurfer. Coming from a military family, both sides, I can confirm that neither grandfather would've been amused at of these "military watches" by Purdey (I actually inherited a set of Purdeys from him, well, my father did, but I collect Militaria so they defaulted to me).

As an aside, the Italian Marina Militare's uniforms are fantastic. Even the woman looks good.

285985-8517.jpg

Can't spot the PAM though. ;)

As an aside, the Italian Marina Militare's uniforms are fantastic. Even the woman looks good.
Girl of good taste!

Even if I had my military service in the airforce, I have to admit I've always been jealous of the Marina uniforms...

Can't spot the PAM though. ;)
Yes, what a shame!

Girl of good taste!

:1a:

Even if I had my military service in the airforce, I have to admit I've always been jealous of the Marina uniforms...
I've heard that Italians are not comfortable with uniformed personnel, in general. Must be their recent history, as the same is true of Germans...

The Carabinieri's unis are tremendous, too, by the way. Elegant, menacing, and yet romantic like only the Italians can make them.

286001-8510.jpg

Check out his watch! ;)

Yes, what a shame!

Heh. Let me leave you with this thought until I check the forum, tomorrow. I'm off to a party.

What if military personnel are caught wearing a rep watch like a Panerai, say, on the wrist of a capitano di corvetta? Would that be a punishable offence?

"Unbecoming behaviour of an officer", etc.

Not that I can see that happening, even with a sottocapo, but since we've been talking of legalities this weekend, in another thread...

I've heard that Italians are not comfortable with uniformed personnel, in general. Must be their recent history, as the same is true of Germans...

Uhm... I share with the Italian less than 1% of my way of thinking, but I doubt it is true... people politically oriented at extreme left, perhaps...

Check out his watch! ;)
Honestly I am unable to identify it. I know that Carabinieri have their own watches (I have one too), so I suppose it might be one of those models.

What if military personnel are caught wearing a rep watch like a Panerai, say, on the wrist of a capitano di corvetta? Would that be a punishable offence?

Not under military law. In theory it would be possibly punishable under ordinary law (for a capitano di corvetta as for everyone), but as a matter of fact in Italy noone cares a rat ass about what watches people wear.

Hope you had a good party.

Hmmm, sorry to break this romantic thread :whistling:

Hope you have a great party.

If not, well let's have some great music/lyrics from Lucio Dalla.

(http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/d/disperatoeroticostomp.shtml)

Ti hanno visto bere a una fontana que non ero io...

...Ho fatto le mie scale tre alla volta, mi son steso sul divano,

ho chiuso un poco gli occhi, e con dolcezza

Uhm... I share with the Italian less than 1% of my way of thinking, but I doubt it is true... people politically oriented at extreme left, perhaps...

LOL! That's precisely the type of person and his family which told me that. Later, when I started dating an Italian, I read this book for fun:

La Bella Figura: A Field Guide to the Italian Mind

http://www.amazon.com/Bella-Figura-Field-G...ooks&sr=1-2

As for the Germans, there yes, being half-German I can attest that men are uneasy with their Dienst, and for a nation which formerly wore and admired uniforms like we British carry umbrellas, they transformed themselves from uni-lovers, to uni-haters. But as I say, it's sensitive history, and getting further OT...

Honestly I am unable to identify it. I know that Carabinieri have their own watches (I have one too), so I suppose it might be one of those models.
It's true. As people know, most military branches issue their personnel speciality watches such as Special Ops, the Commandos, NAVY SEALS, and the like. But I had seen this watch before, because oddly, I had wanted to purchase it. I think it's a Luminox 3905

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000V9IG...1&s=jewelry

286139-8462.jpg

Not under military law. In theory it would be possibly punishable under ordinary law (for a capitano di corvetta as for everyone), but as a matter of fact in Italy noone cares a rat ass about what watches people wear.

Sad, but true. They do care about the total ensemble a person wears, but often I noticed they buy one immaculate wardrobe for the whole season, from head to foot, and that's all they wear for those 3 months. Even the women.

Quality over quantity.

It was semi-cancelled because of the rain. :(

But I did take photos of my PAM 111 in the rain for tomorrow's wrist check!

(http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/d/disperatoeroticostomp.shtml)

Ti hanno visto bere a una fontana que non ero io...

...Ho fatto le mie scale tre alla volta, mi son steso sul divano,

ho chiuso un poco gli occhi, e con dolcezza

LUCIO DALLA! Stefano, you have good taste. Like that's news. I offer you a lighter, younger interlude with 883's refrain from Hanno Ucciso L'uomo Ragno:

http://www.lyricsdownload.com/883-hanno-uc...gno-lyrics.html

"Hanno ucciso l'uomo ragno, chi sia stato non si sa

Forse quelli della mala, forse la pubblicit

WELL SAID..... i have no idea WHAT you said ... :whistling: but it sounds good :blink: can you add sub titles the next time B)

He closed his eyes, his hand wandered with sensual sweetness...you get the drift, Lanikai. If you don't, you should put on some Marvin Gaye and remember. ;)

VB ... aha.... you are a Brit... anyway ..i wanted to get the Purdy to match my Lions Head Meerchaum Pipe.. but was told it was not too close to Genuine... but it looks good so i may get it anyway ... I'm WAY to easy

Someone recently PMed me (in the middle of another conversation, so don't think he was being rude or creepy), that aha! now I know you are really a woman, because you like this watch.

I was thinking, Okkkkkkkkay.

Why, because it's "cute" -- engraved, with a "picture of a fluffy animal" or something? That's a ferocious lion, people! Ain't no cute fluffy animal, as the Marquess of Bath can attest to when one bit him at Longleat. ;)

P.S.: I believe we oopsed, or this website oopsed. Is the Lion Purdey the PAM 152 or 154?

http://www.lacotedesmontres.com/Galerie-No_4092.htm

He closed his eyes, his hand wandered with sensual sweetness...you get the drift, Lanikai. If you don't, you should put on some Marvin Gaye and remember. ;)

I think I'm getting to really like this Place...

Yikes now I know that was aimed at you VB ... for all i know it could have been directions to the Mall ... remind me never to reply to somehting that i have no clue over .. that could have been a Kodak moment.. :black_eye:

I think I'm getting to really like this Place...

Yikes now I know that was aimed at you VB ... for all i know it could have been directions to the Mall ... remind me never to reply to somehting that i have no clue over .. that could have been a Kodak moment.. :black_eye:

The lyrics were great! Americans are so uptight about sex. Come on, live a little! ;)

P.S.: I'm just kidding, of course. Especially towards you, you bon vivant, lanikai! Lots of people here would be surprised at how much the rest of the world thinks Americans are sex-mad, based on their movies. Couldn't be farther from the truth, but also, it's a different relaxed sensibility to the French or Italians, too. Takes all kinds, and I happen to love variety.

This is why I have 5, no! 6 PAMs...mama mia, questo

Is it ever possible that I miss the forum just a few hours and when I come back I find all this turned into Italian singer-composers, allusions of hand jobs, and Italian cheers and hugs?!? :lol:

Well, I have to see I am a little proud about it... Even if I recognize it's all because of the Girl Power. ;)

Just don't mistake the TIT (True Italian Touch).

Back on the topic: nice catch on the Luminox, Victoria!

Is it ever possible that I miss the forum just a few hours and when I come back I find all this turned into Italian singer-composers, allusions of hand jobs, and Italian cheers and hugs?!? :lol:

In a watch forum, we're never that far away from handjobs. :)

Well, I have to see I am a little proud about it... Even if I recognize it's all because of the Girl Power. ;)

Just don't mistake the TIT (True Italian Touch).

Spice up your world! Every boy and every girl! Panerai, hi-gh see you all right!

Back on the topic: nice catch on the Luminox, Victoria!

An ugly-pretty watch, the Luminox.

I can see it coming handy for underwater ops, but you'd stand out like a beacon in Afghanistan...