When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

212 Flyback wich one would you buying???

well i don't know what is the best one that is out there...

i have the one with the lemania mvt and even if it is the less flawless rep of the 212 i love it like it is a gen!

it is pretty cheap but it runs like a horse and is great looking...

however, i think that the asian 7750 is the closest to the gen? right?

and the swiss 7750 is definitely the most expensive!

well i don't know what is the best one that is out there...

i have the one with the lemania mvt and even if it is the less flawless rep of the 212 i love it like it is a gen!

it is pretty cheap but it runs like a horse and is great looking...

however, i think that the asian 7750 is the closest to the gen? right?

and the swiss 7750 is definitely the most expensive!

I think exactly the same that the asian 7750 is the closest to the gen! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply!!!

I would recommend the Swiss 7750 version. It is closest to the gen and works like a champ.

well it is pretty expensive...

and even if the lemania isn't the closest i would always get that one....

very good looknig at the most reasonable price...

and a rep is always a rep...don't fool yourself with wich is the closest to the gen...

Interesting post...i'm thinking about grabbing the Swiss 212 from Eddie...it is expensive, but so was the Swiss Daytona and the Swiss 196.

With there being 3 different versions, what are the major differences besides the movements? I know some of the members are getting ready for AR Saphires to swap out, but is the Swiss worth it? I'm pulling the trigger in the next few days on a multi watch order and this 212 swiss is at the top of my list.

Thanks. :victory:

WOW ..multiple watch order..how nice :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. I wish i can do that..

I donno..I've seen the lemania..looks great ..the movement...the Asian looks closest to the gen ...and this woatch should be an automatic ..not hand wound..but if you go for the look...ask your bank account...and you will know better :D

Thanks...it's always tough choosing when they're so many different versions...one of the reasons why i'm holding off on the PO until I figure out which one to get.

I think I'll go with the Swiss...hoping I'm making the right decision. :victory:

i am considering the swiss 212 myself. only problem is that the back engravings still lack serial numbers and other details, and that they used a cheap plastic spacer on the inside of the watch, which is visible from the outside. pretty poor in a $600+ watch.

anybody who has the new swiss 212 please comment...

i am considering the swiss 212 myself. only problem is that the back engravings still lack serial numbers and other details, and that they used a cheap plastic spacer on the inside of the watch, which is visible from the outside. pretty poor in a $600+ watch.

anybody who has the new swiss 212 please comment...

I have been into the scene for about a year now and I have read, and read, and then read some more. To date I have "invested" in 6 reps of various qualitites. I think the most important tip I can give that rings true with what most people post about here is the fact that first pick your dealer, then your watch. My experience tells me that if you find a good dealer with a good heart, they usually care about their products and care about your well being. At first, this email waiting game for me drove me crazy until I found someone that had a great response time and shipped fast with no delays. Also, the first reps I bought had small problems and even though they exchanged them for me, that costs more money to ship back and forth and they still came back with problems or quality issues.

Also, I had to wrestle with the fact that I am not made of money and watch collecting is an addicting sport. Within a six month period I have spent around $1750 on watches of various movments. My wife is about to kill me. I think you have to decide for yourself if you can handle a watch breaking on you in six months after spending $650 on a swiss ETA? I made the decision to first learn a little about the less expensive movements and then go up. I think for the money the 21J is a great product coupled with the fact that most dealers use the same case and material now and the only difference is movement.

I have two of the old Asian 7750 and they work like a charm for me. Decide for yourself if you want to manually hand wind every morning about 25 turns to get it going? Personally, I had to get a winder for my watches because it drove me nuts having to open the clasp on my Panerais and set the time every time my automatic went to sleep.

Good Luck!

Edited by pwygant

The PAM212 replicas are nice because you can pick from three reasonably good versions.

First realize that the authentic 212 has a flyback chronograph movement, and none of the replicas have that. It's also an automatic, so you might think an automatic is the better choice. The Swiss automatic is probably the best movement, but it's certainly the most expensive as well and will cost quite a bit to service every few years.

The Asian 7750 has caused problems for some people, but others are every happy with them and don't have any problems. I think it's just the luck of the draw or faith or whatever. Either you're lucky with it or you're not.

Personally, I prefer the manual movement. Fewer reported problems with that movement, very interesting to view and I actually like winding a watch every morning.

There's no one obvious correct choice here. None will come close to fooling a Paneristi. It's what do you like the best and how much you're willing to spend.

I'm going to grab the Swiss Automatic version...It sounds like everyone is happy with all 3 versions, and I rather get the swiss than the asian then spend the extra $$ to service it...where the swiss auto should be good to go from the beginning.

are there any other flaws or differences...and who has one of the swiss autos that can comment?

thanks

The minute markers are most correct on the hand wind movement.

They should radiate outward away from the dial.

Both automatic movements are incorrect as their minute markers radiate inwards towards the dial.

Also the hand wind is missing "Reg. T.M." on the crown guard front.

I say go for the Swiss if you have the money or the Asian if you want to keep your budget low.

The lemania is handwound and at least you want to keep the original character of the watch.

If you want a lemania movement buy the 192 Tantalium chrono.

Hello and nice to see the many posts here...

I think buying the asia 7750 because i think it is the closest to the gen.

All my asia movement watches runs very good without problems.

And for the price from the swiss one i can get another nice watch

with the asian flyback! :D

How do you think???

Yupp... $650...

I ordered the one with Lemania... prefer the movement over the Asian-7750... and it's handwind what i like a lot more :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But as said this version id the least similar to the gen...

It all depend on personal affectations...

Yupp... $650...

I ordered the one with Lemania... prefer the movement over the Asian-7750... and it's handwind what i like a lot more :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But as said this version id the least similar to the gen...

It all depend on personal affectations...

we think in a similar way! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

650$ is not THAT much for a Swiss movmnt chrono watch... ;)

After having my last two asia 7750 movements serviced--showng the watchsmith The Zigmeister's post on what the exact problem is (that's the key) and having them work perfectly for many months--i've rethought the value of the ETA 7750.

That being said, if eddie's new version has other improvements, $650 is not bad at all for a swiss chrono combined with the piece of mind of buying a watch from eddie.