When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For Chieftang

that is really good then :) i am up for the next run.. my question is though chieftang.. i have a light AR on the inside of the next crystal im doing.. you told us to strip it off.. but you also said that the next run will be single sided and i want to have double sided AR.. so would it be ok if i leave the AR on the inside on.. and you coat the outside? is this possible? thanks :)

I don't think that works because you need the much tougher AR process to resist scrapes and bumps on the outside of the crystal. (I think anyway)

thats ok.. coz my watch will be with The Zigmeister in september and if chieftang is doing a run than it'll be great :) i hope The Zigmeister can remove the AR for me :(

thats ok.. coz my watch will be with ziggy in september and if chieftang is doing a run than it'll be great :) i hope ziggy can remove the AR for me :(

Wow, you're getting the works done on it!! B)

Be aware that places on those AR runs can fill up in minutes, there's no guarantee of getting on the list - hopefully you'll know before the watch goes off though, of course.

Wow, you're getting the works done on it!! B)

Be aware that places on those AR runs can fill up in minutes, there's no guarantee of getting on the list - hopefully you'll know before the watch goes off though, of course.

yep.. i really love the iwc pilot 3717.. it kinda is my favourite watch.. i guess with AR double coat with new datewheel and superlume.. theres nothing else you can do to get it closer to the gen... i've pretty much yet to find another flaw than the fonts, superlume and AR.. and i think it is fully worth it.. $300+$100(dateswap+genlume)+42(AR)=around $500.. to get it visually perfect to a $5500 watch.. i think its worth it :p dont u think so? :p heheheh

Oh it's worth it - it'll be a "keeper" for sure! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

haha cant wait for the project to finish!! but i dont think once the watch is finished, i wont be able to wear it :(.. because im a basher when it comes to watches, phones, etc.. so yeh by the time it finished it would look and feel like a $5500, especially if the promised genuine ETA 7750 is really coming (my friend who owns cimier swiss watch, told me that he will send me 1 ETA7750 movement for a gift)... by then yeh.. it would really be too great!!! i think i'll let my gf wear it on a good leather :p

Future AR runs will be double sided. I have no plans for another single sided run any time soon. As I've told everyone, just look for the sign up thread in the Repair and Upgrade forum. This time, however, I will be giving preference to previous AR participants, VIP members, and well established, active posters in roughly that order. The last couple runs have had a fair number of drop outs, and I want to minimize that in the future.

Future AR runs will be double sided. I have no plans for another single sided run any time soon. As I've told everyone, just look for the sign up thread in the Repair and Upgrade forum. This time, however, I will be giving preference to previous AR participants, VIP members, and well established, active posters in roughly that order. The last couple runs have had a fair number of drop outs, and I want to minimize that in the future.

To clarify, double-sided meaning accurate for most Breits, IWCs, POs etc. but NOT the majority of Pams right?

Regardless, I still would like my 187 doing, must keep my eye out for the signup post :victory: