When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A warning if you like to go shooting

section8

That sucks Veronica. :thumbdown:

What kind've hardware were you firing, just out of curiousity?

Why do you guys buy chronos/7750's knowing they just. dont. work.?

They do work, they are just more complex. The 7750 is the most widely used chrono movement period. Very robust, but a hard whack can kick things loose in any watch, especially mechanicals. The more complicated they are the more parts there are to knock loose.

Perhaps I've just had good luck with my various reps and the recoil of firearms...

I've shot the heck out of my 1873 Uberti (REP!!! Colt) Peacemakers... prolly 300-400 rounds a week and never drifted a hand...

Also shot many a high power round... .50bmg and never had an issue...

I would be inclined to belive that luck and reliance on the QC of our dealers plays a role... my 7750s (mostly GMT mods... a few chronos) run like champs... recoil hasn't killed one yet.

For shooting larger caliber handguns which impart a substantial jolt to your arms and hands, there is nothing better than a Casio G-Shock.

The G-Shock is built like a tank just for such activities. It is the complete "tool" watch that you can beat the daylights out of and not harm it.

For golf I often use an Omega Aqua Terra on an alligator strap to keep it snug on the wrist. Golf doesn't impart near the shock to the wrist as shooting so the possibility of impact damage is almost nil. The biggest threat is perspiration salts which can damage straps and over time have deleterious effect on metal. This is particullary true in hot climates such as here in Florida. I always give my watch a light wash down after such exposure. I wonder how well the Tag Tiger Woods quartz rep will hold up. I noticed that he doesn't wear a watch when playing.

For shooting larger caliber handguns which impart a substantial jolt to your arms and hands, there is nothing better than a Casio G-Shock.

The G-Shock is built like a tank just for such activities. It is the complete "tool" watch that you can beat the daylights out of and not harm it.

THANKS! I needed to have just such a sensible reply for these activities. I don't much like Casio...and they look very masculine in general...but I'll give it a go because *looks around* I feel naked without a watch on my wrist. :sweatdrop:

For golf I often use an Omega Aqua Terra on an alligator strap to keep it snug on the wrist. Golf doesn't impart near the shock to the wrist as shooting so the possibility of impact damage is almost nil. The biggest threat is perspiration salts which can damage straps and over time have deleterious effect on metal. This is particullary true in hot climates such as here in Florida. I always give my watch a light wash down after such exposure.

Again, letter perfect reply given my original question, and to boot, from a fellow Floridian who realises the impact of our weather, not only to ourselves, but to our goodies.

My boyfriend is always asking why I have flat tyres all the time, when in 15 years of driving, he doesn't remember having a flat once up in Canada. I said, Florida baby. The heat wears those suckers down.

I wonder how well the Tag Tiger Woods quartz rep will hold up. I noticed that he doesn't wear a watch when playing.

It could well be advertising-only, but in the TAG HEUER Youtube advert I saw, he was taking a swing in a bunker wearing his namesake watch.

One chap over at RWI said the first time he wore his rep version, he shot under 90 for the first time in his life. It's got Tiger Magic! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@Docblackrock: LOL. Best "reply" using emoticons ever.