When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Steelfish White Dial

Dutchy

Just received my ETA Steelfish White Dial. I immediately placed it on my genuine blue Breitling DiverPro rubber band. Looks and feels great!! It looks like the lume was applied correctly (something I was nervous about whilst ordering). All in all, keeping good time and definitely going to be a keeper!!

294848-2783.jpg

294848-2784.jpg

294848-2785.jpg

Here some pics (with the TT Evo on gen Breitling leather band)

294848-2786.jpg

294848-2787.jpg

294848-2788.jpg

Great rep. I have mine on a gen black rubber strap. I my opinion this is the most accurate, best quality rep straight out of the box. The 'white' dial is the same coral colour as the genuine Steelfish. On the gen strap, this is one rep that you could wear into the AD without any fear of being rumbled.

Nice watch!

I got my white dial Asian Steelfish a week ago, and is stunned by the good looks of this heavy watch.

I see that the date font is different on your BCE and the Steelfish? The BCE seems to have a more square ETA-type font, similar to that in my Asian-movement Steelfish.

When you say that the lume is applied correctly, do you mean that the lume is good, or just that it's there?

Mine was missing at the 12,3,6,9 positions around the edge of the dial at the tiny places in the rehaut where it's supposed to be and barely glowed at all.

Ah thank god, the thread disappeared together with the forum updates problems but its back again :)

To answer some questions/comments:

1. A lot of Steelfish's have the lume applied incorrectly, either lumpy or missing parts of the hour markers, this one had the hour marker filled with the lume which makes it look great. The actual lume glow is a lot more than the Evo but not as much as I was expecting.

2. The crown I'm having a bit of trouble with to screw in and will be leaving it like this, I'm not planning on scuba diving/showering with it anyway :)

3. The date fonts look different in the picture but side by side here they look very similar.

4. Indeed, this can easily be mistaken, just like the Evo, for a genuine!!

2. The crown I'm having a bit of trouble with to screw in and will be leaving it like this, I'm not planning on scuba diving/showering with it anyway :)

Well, you know I'm extremely picky but this is something that even you shouldn't accept. We're talking about a $300 watch. It looks terrible.

Edited by Rolexman

Well, you know I'm extremely picky but this is something that even you shouldn't accept. We're talking about a $300 watch. It looks terrible.

Rolexman, I just checked and the reason for the gap was that the crown was not screwed in. It screws in differently than my Evo and other watches (like my other older Omegas, Rolexes, Breitlings, etc) probably because its a diver watch? What I mean is that normally you turn and push for the crown to sink into the crown guards, but with this you just keep turning the crown and it goes in, kind of like a screw. This is why I thought it was supposed to be open because I couldnt push it in.

Anyway, conclusion, the crown is tucked away as far as it can be and it looks good again! :)