When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

feeler for corrected santos 100 dial

rocket754

Will it work on Joshua's $248 "upgraded" swiss ETA version? It is 42mm from end to crown, about 38mm excluding crown. I assume it should fit?

I would actually consider this if the price were fair.

I will not pay more than 25$ for a little plastic square, however.

What's up Guys.. :victory:

Wooooodyyy....How you doing man??

Let me give everyone an update.

First: To everyone searching for a correct santos 100 through our trusted dealers....well, good luck I have searched high and low with no luck.

Second: I have recently sent my donor dial along with some documentation on what needs to be corrected and it is now in the process of being produced.

Third: Now let's bring up that dreaded subject...Cost. In a perfect world I would produce this dial and in an epiphany of philanthropic greatness I would give it to everyone in need of a perfected santos.

In the real world this project is not cheap for the 20 dials I am producing it has cost me a good deal of money and time.

What's it going to cost me you say? Not sure just yet but expect a price point around 45 bucks (sorry corgi). Believe me fellas if my cost wasn't so much then my price point wouldn't be so high. If at all possible I will try to get it to everyone cheaper but don't expect mircles

I the coming weeks I should have a prototype dial to post up so everyone can see what they are getting before it even goes into production.

If anyone has any questions just PM me.

Wow Mario.......

you know I have a Santos, and we've talked about this in a few topics already too. Just as I was getting ready to trade away my somewhat modded Santos, you come up with this dial? you must like to torture us besides those dandy photos. do we know how close the dial will be compared to the gen one rocketman? and now that you are doing this, my interest had piqued again, feel free to PM me or email me if you don't like to share the details, but yes, I would be interested.....

What kind of mods do you have on your santos woody?

Hi Rocketman,

actually, I can barely call it a mod. But the deployant was very loose on my original watch. whenever I twist my wrist a bit, it would flop right open. so that was bothering me a lot. I notice that the watch has no lume at all I think, or if I even remember well enough, the lume was not that great at all. I sent it off the Zigman, along with some other project watch at the time, and asked if he can just fix those 2 problems. The zigman come through with usual fashion and fix that buckle up nice and good, and I was happy that he relumed the hands, because Rob used to have a policy of not luming any blue hands, because of some chemical reaction he says. so therefore I was happy that he did lumed the hands for me. But he did do it, and it looks better than before. I certainly wish I have a good dial, as my current dial has I think one of the worst dials that are out there; it has a swirl patten, kind of like a MOP dial almost. And I really have not worn this watch much, probably due to that bad dial. it's sitting in my watch case right now.......if the dial turns out to be good, that would be really good. other than finding a good case back, since my caseback does not have serial number, unlike some others, then it's off to finding a good strap and we're in business!!!

can't wait for the prototype......did you ever sell your BCE? I am about to send my swiss one off for some mods by The Zigmeister.

Hi Rocketman,

actually, I can barely call it a mod. But the deployant was very loose on my original watch. whenever I twist my wrist a bit, it would flop right open. so that was bothering me a lot. I notice that the watch has no lume at all I think, or if I even remember well enough, the lume was not that great at all. I sent it off the Zigman, along with some other project watch at the time, and asked if he can just fix those 2 problems. The zigman come through with usual fashion and fix that buckle up nice and good, and I was happy that he relumed the hands, because Rob used to have a policy of not luming any blue hands, because of some chemical reaction he says. so therefore I was happy that he did lumed the hands for me. But he did do it, and it looks better than before. I certainly wish I have a good dial, as my current dial has I think one of the worst dials that are out there; it has a swirl patten, kind of like a MOP dial almost. And I really have not worn this watch much, probably due to that bad dial. it's sitting in my watch case right now.......if the dial turns out to be good, that would be really good. other than finding a good case back, since my caseback does not have serial number, unlike some others, then it's off to finding a good strap and we're in business!!!

can't wait for the prototype......did you ever sell your BCE? I am about to send my swiss one off for some mods by The Zigmeister.

The dial will be better than anything available today. So at least everyone can have a super rep santos 100 finally.

As for a strap...I would get one from HKTAN or maybe you can get one cheaper through one of the other strap dealers on the forums.

If you guys are going to go for a strap then I would opt for a gen croc strap. This will really transform the watch.

I did sale the BCE but I ended up buying the new V2 with the better dial.

Well considering the huge flaws of my Santos dial from Josh I may just go for this... but imagine installation, it will be a nightmare here as there are no watchmakers near my home who will work on reps...

I would need to be sure it can be installed easily, and will fit.

I understand the need for everyone to make sure it will fit there version of the santos.

44mm should be the chrono santos and this dial won't fit because that is the wrong watch. The chrono santos dial is actually pretty close

I will make sure it should be able to fit the standard 42mm santos 100. I will check with the maker to get a final word. I think the santos 100 should really only have one case size, All those other versions of the santos are for ladies or dumont version.

I won't be putting my own dial in as I will have one of the trusty modders around her do that. Maybe one of them could give a group disount on multiple dial installations? just a thought.

I'm down as well, let's see those photos Rocket. I love my Santos 100 but i think it's been on my watch winder for the last year, with an updated dial, it might see some more daylight.

I'd be in.... the dial has prevented me from buying it everytime i have almost pulled the trigger....

by the way, can anyone speak to the jewel on the silix version? in the pics it looks pretty bad.... twp on rwi is supposed to have the nicest out right now.... i can't vouch for that myself though... that's just word on the street over at rwi...