When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Royal Oak and Nautilus Jumbo- Removing the seconds hands

ubiquitous

During my brief hiatus from RWG, I took a few late night hours to perform a new mod on my Royal Oak Jumbo- Specifically a modification to cleanly remove the seconds hand from the equation.

Here's how the watch looks as-is out of the box:

297161-980.jpg

297161-981.jpg

297161-982.jpg

If you'll notice, yes, there is no sweep center seconds present. However, upon closer inspection, the way this was acheived was by cutting the seconds hand down to just the center post. This is most apparent in the last of the three pics posted above.

So, here's the corrected updated version- Basically an entire new minutes pinion specifically for a non-center seconds set up. Please excuse the poor pics:

297161-983.jpg

297161-984.jpg

297161-985.jpg

The only thing I'm waiting to do now is to add a nicer set of hands, which are currently being re-lumed in the correct color by our resident expert ziggy :)

Conclusion: It's still not an exact 1:1 appearance as the genuine AP 2121, as the minute pinion on those is much smaller in diameter. But to me, this appears to be a much cleaner fix than the cut seconds hand solution :) Also... I have yet to do this mod on my Nautilus. The case construction and removing the movement to do the work is not high of my list of priorities :lol:

All the best...

Randy

...complete with the required bottle of scotch, valium caps and a brown paper bag in which to hyperventilate into, at each stage in the process ;)

yes please. im all thumbs, but id love to execute this mod. damn its looks so much better.

i really want this watch. even more everytime you show it off.

unfortunately there is only one(?) dealer offering this watch and he is a cartel dealer. if anyone wants to part with their pre owned (preferably white face), feel free to PM me :)