When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Bling Rolex?

cableguy

BLING with NO Gold or Diamonds

Oxymoron

"Bling-bling" (usually shortened to simply "bling") is a hip hop slang term which refers to elaborate jewelry and other accoutrements, and also to a lifestyle built around excess spending and ostentation.

Doesn't mean Gold or Diamonds... :p

"Bling-bling" (usually shortened to simply "bling") is a hip hop slang term which refers to elaborate jewelry and other accoutrements, and also to a lifestyle built around excess spending and ostentation.

Doesn't mean Gold or Diamonds... :p

And by that rationale....

You must think a tawdry SS Rolex equates to 'elaborate jewelry', 'excess spending and ostentation'

Shurelyyyy not

:lol::lol::lol:

daytona is the flashest by far, also look into panerais if you want to get noticed.

i always enjoy the irony of seeing people "blinged" up with faux items. big earings made of glass passing as diamond being the most common but watches covered in all sorts are only just behind. surely buying a genuine diamond earing, even if its small must be more inherantly bling than wearing a fake glass one of any size. likewise a genuine watch, regardless of brand must be more bling than wearing a comparably or lower priced fake however with watches i do accept that its less clear cut, many will be unable to tell and thus you can pass yourself off as having something more expensive and as a result more "bling".

maybe its just me and i am missing the point somewhere. perhaps the ostentation itself is the most important component and grabbing attention is the whole function. i was stood in a line the other day wearing my 5512 and someone infront had a monstrous watch covered in CZ. i know which stood out more and caught everyones eye and it wasnt mine thats for sure. my own experience is that modern submariners are more obvious than vintage models to the general public. i would always get noticed though mostly just a look or a nod when i wore my modern submariner and never get even a glance when i wear either of my vintage pieces. i did think it was the cyclops that caught peoples attention, its a very rolex characteristic even to non watch enthusiasts however when i changed it for a moderns SD for a short time before getting out of modern altogether the reactions were just the same.

i guess the subtle upgrades make the modern variations that bit more flashy and eye catching if still obviously understated.

Edited by thewightstuff