When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gmt model ?

lazarini

Hello hello ...

How is everyone dooing this fine morrning ;)

I was reading reviews and pictorials ... etc but im still undecided for witch model to go ... lucky for me i have time to decide as i already blow my budget for this month (sheeesh thats easy)

Also need to say that when i started up with this "hobby" that turned into adictive obsession :p i said to myself im not getting an GMT model as its powered by a modified non gmt movement and i heard that it has problems becouse of the modd .

But as i lattely fell down the Rolex Rabbit Hole :rolleyes: (no no thats not visible from ure avatar and sig. laz hhahaha) , i cant really turn a blind eye to the GMTs as there are one of the cornerstones of their offering.

Also there are some other factors that put me ower the edge pictorials from people like Stephane , Nanuq reading some of RepAustria reviews etc.

So i turn to you , for some advice ... my guidelines are quality ower quantity and the closest gen apperance unmoded ... handstack woud be nice if correct if not is not end of the world , also for the members that use them atm how is ure experience with GMT hand setting and then hand actualy keeping the correct time ... i am a stickler for functionality ... for me having a watch with GMT function that dont work means nothing.

Kind regards , Laz

Hi Laz.

bklm1234 is building me a GMT Master. It's a long story... but I will make an extensive writeup of this model (and a "buying guide") as soon as my watch arrives. The best "out of box" version right now is the wrong hand stack "special request" model from Joshua.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=25215

There's another version which is even better, but it requires some modifications (my upcoming review will cover that).

Laz,

Be patient and follow By-Tor's advice here.

Wait...wait...wait :mellow:

I got myself an MBW months ago and everything must be changed of course (crown, tube and usual parts)!

But on top of that, the dial is off too.

I'm not sure what to do either for the moment, so I keep that watch and wait for advices from experts.

Anyway, you have some other Rolies to wear in the meantime !

Cheers

Stephane

Thank you chaps :)

I will be waiting to read ure review By-Thor ... thx for the note on MBW Stephane i read ure comments about the dial in some other thread anyway good to be mentioned again ...

Looks like this is not such a strait-foward buy - mod. - wear story ...

But i got time and as Stephane said some other rollies to wear in the meantime :)

Regards Laz