When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Link Calibre 36 Replica?

fivefive

Anyone know if there is a Tag Heuer Link Calibre 36 Replica??

Yes there is. (if not a good one)

like the one that is being weared by Jason Bourne is those Bourne movies? :)

He's not wearing a calibre 36.

300525-2664.png300525-2665.jpg

I've never seen a good rep of this.

Edited by giorgio

I haven't seen a rep of the Calibre 36. However, I just bought the Calibre 16 version.

When I have time I'll post pics and a small review. Cosmetics are pretty accurate (new version has updated date font), but I got bad luck with the A7750 and had to replace it.

Here's a pic (not mine) of the rep.

post-4081-1187340521_thumb.jpg

There's a quartz version of the Calibre 36 replica. Nice looker, but of course it's nothing like the genuine.

PS: Why this was posted to the General Discussion? We have a TAG Heuer forum section here you know... :)

Edited by By-Tor

Calibre 36 will not be repped properly or accurately until someone can rep the high beat (36,000 bph) movement. I believe it is an El Primero derivative.

Been discussed before........

Link Calibre 36 could not be replicated, since it is based on the El Primero 400 Calibre. (I believe it's basically no difference except for the "C36" engraved on the bridge). Additionally, El Primero-based movements have subdials spaced closer to the center of the dial. A7750 would make it "far off". Even if they made a plate like the daytona seconds @ 6, we would then have to deal with a recessed datewheel.

If it took so long for the factories to replicate the 7750 movement, I would expect to see a El-P copy by the time I am long past this hobby.

Link Calibre 36 could not be replicated, since it is based on the El Primero 400 Calibre. (I believe it's basically no difference except for the "C36" engraved on the bridge). Additionally, El Primero-based movements have subdials spaced closer to the center of the dial. A7750 would make it "far off". Even if they made a plate like the daytona seconds @ 6, we would then have to deal with a recessed datewheel.

If it took so long for the factories to replicate the 7750 movement, I would expect to see a El-P copy by the time I am long past this hobby.

Quite right, it's an EP400 in every way except "calibre 36" is also engraved on the rotor as well as the bridge (also marked with '400') ;):whistling:

302288-1656.jpg

:wub: made possible due to Zenith and Tag being stablemates under LMVH. A great movt for a great price if you can still find one.

Pity the Monza variant has been discontinued, it was Tag's flagship piece, but Baselworld next year will see the new flagships V4 and c.360 finally make their way into production models, in a Monaco and Carrera respectively.

Again, the day they rep a c.36/EP is the day hell freezes over. Right now they haven't even been able to solve the problem of making a stable (hopefully) tricompax chrono movt with accurately-spaced 3-6-9 arr. Whether that's a 2894 clone or a 7753 clone, who knows, but I'd bet on the latter given the availability of interchangeable asian 7750 parts.

For a PAM?! Trade in an exquisite movement like that for a clunkey old Unitas?!?! ;)

Actually... I bought the watch for ther movement, which is truly a wonderful movement. Too bad it felt like a pig in a party dress... reversed lol.

Just didn't like the dial and with my crappy vision, couldn't read it easily either :(

I bought a PAM 91... so it wasn't too clunky <g>

Did I not say that? :p

For a PAM?! Trade in an exquisite movement like that for a clunkey old Unitas?!?! ;)

My thoughts exactly, get that man a strait jacket :crazy:

But I'll forego the thorazine drip on the basis that he bought a 91....my favourite PAM of all.

IMO the c.36 was perfect for the Monza and looked wrong in the Link (not a series I like anyhow) so I get the pig/party dress analogy.