When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thoughts about legal or illegal,and marketing possibilities

wjlamp

Ahhhh Victoria,

DUCK indeed.

Just because the swill that is brewed and branded as such in other climes, may well be sub standard, I can assure you that the genuine..... as akin to the rep.... in this case, is chalk and cheese.

Bit like a Rolex with an Asian movement!

I can assure you that the Offshore household is a major consumer of C & U product, actually Carlton Draught is more highly thought of, but VB certainly has pride of place on our shelves.

And amazingly, Mr Offshore is more likely to imbibe of a rum or three; it's actually Mrs Offshore who has taste buds for a good ale.

The quality of the water, where the product is brewed, has huge bearing on the finished product, ( bit like a Swiss watch actually) Even here in sunny Queensland, the locally brewed product, doesn't hold a candle to the "genuine" Victoria Bitter, from cold old Melboune....in Victoria!

Offshore

AAHHHH... leave it to an Aussie.... as soon as the word Beer appears :p .... GDay mate...... (forgot this is a watch forum).... Pam 124... ok got that in....LOL.... you guy's ARE immune to American beer .... PAM 090 .... (gotta talk about watches) .... :D ... must be too weak for u :(

Man (in the full sense of the word) is an acquisitive being. Before we had castles, we had caves.

I bet you my right teat we compared which had the biggest rock, and who sported the best sabretooth pelts.

And some wiseguy started copying the designs so that cheapskates wouldn't pay full price! Oh the agony when the smoke signals were not answered about our orders. Torture!

Take it from me, the 3 fold target of personal jibes in 3 days, don't mention it casually on another thread because your insultor (is this a word? It is now, beeatches!) will never hear it. :secret:

Go back to that thread, and ram them up the keister, going full-on 150mph.

OR, you can take Moli

Dear wjlamp :D .... customs brokers are our friends :rolleyes: ... or at least mine... I had a heart to heart if you will, with customs officials and the out come was...'to protect yourself .. use a customs broker"..

At the beggining of your post i was going to ask you if you are just trying to gather information from this forum ...

but you are correct in saying that no one knows the law better than a customs broker... knows how to circumvent the law's gray areas... and that what it is all about.. B)

so, don't take the critics soo seriously ... everyone is an authority (tech to listen to.. sssurfer, kruzer,chieftang,and a list of others)... especially here...LOL.. don't you know it's forums like these that ..."Decide the Fate of The Civilized World" .. on a daily and nightly basis>>>>LOL>>>> some even get calls at all hours from the Leaders of their countries asking... no.... pleading for advise on how to save the Planet... <_<

Just yesterday George..... let's just say G.B. so he will stay anonymous tried to get in touch with several members asking for leads on what strap he should wear to luncheon with the British PM ... that's when we asked VB to headline a strap review so the world leaders stop bothering us all when we're trying to sleep.. :(

most watch nuts don't play with a full deck... even if you combined all the decks of all the members you still could not come up with a full deck.. :bangin:

I think this forum just thrives on controversy...... but it would be really boring :yawn: ... if everone had the same view point.,. :thumbdown: ask me how MY weekend was on the forum ..... NAAHHHH better not :brow:

but we are all in this for one thing... :wub::group: .... we love watches ... not for profit...because we all need regulating and oiling from time to time.. :victory: .. some run slow... some run fast... some don't run at all :whistling:

now if you said you were with customs... see how many members post anything to that.. :lol:

Peace ..Love...LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL ....LANIKAI B)

Tks for getting it Lanikai

Yes indeed, a Customs Broker isn't a Customs Official.Don't be surprised that the majority of the people are ignorant of the difference.

Even in my "Lower East Side "social class,a class that faces watches ,and cars ,as tools and toys, ('s good to keep it in mind),they don't know it,well,most of them.

Just to clarify the situ,it's the same as a Judge against a private Lawyer relationship,in the court of Law....

On the other hand, returning to our theme,nobody said a bloody word about" pushing" the brand firms, in order to "downgrade' and produce cheaper

products (watches)

No comments appear in my asking for a $ 500 genuine Panerai.Breitling,Breguet,Lacroix,Omega,IWC Tag,and the list goes on no end...

But it is mid summer and it seems that most of the rep buyers are on vacation to exotic places, "After the Sunset",where a rep Panerai can stir questions

like the one that gov't FBI agent asked, ex James Bond " ooh nice watch,how much does it cost,a fortune ? " or something like that .Anyways...

To watch companies worldwide

A clever man can and must snap it out of thin air.

Make a wise use of your name and resources. Watch lovers are tired of buying faceless designs.Make your products

available to a wider market .The replica market is booming.If you don't do it ,there are many willing copiers out there,that can make it for you and get

the money that is lawfully yours.Don't be so cocky and say " there is no way to make a $ 500 Pan,Rol,Breit etc. It can be done,It is happening and you are loosing money.

Oh, and have no fear that you will become household words.Those seats are already taken ;)

I like watches and i'm having fun. Thats it. I see no reason to make a mountain out of a mole hill. There were fake watches long before I purchased one and there will be fake watches long after as well.

Hopefully all of our governments have much better things to do then worry about poor 'ol Rolex and Panerai. $10,000 for a watch? C'mon, who's fooling who here.

Not only 10000 whatevers. How about triple and quad figures.Or ten times that.Go to some elegant sites and you'll see.

But as you said that's not the point.A simple plastic waterproof wonder shows time equally well,but dress it in gold or platinum and suddenly you have a top

seller.

Think the way ,that a gold watch owner,looks at a steel one,even from the same stable.Disgusted, is merely a word

What you feel and what the truth is are two different things. A lot of people don't seem to understand that uncontrolled advertising can be terrifying to an image-based company like Rolex. They don't want you as an advert. They never asked and they're not happy.

;)

Hoe do you know? He could be Paris Hilton posting from the LA County slammer...And judging by their pieces at basel, Paris and other Jacob & Co poster children are exactly who they're after.

post-53-1187484391_thumb.jpg

Tks for getting it Lanikai

Yes indeed, a Customs Broker isn't a Customs Official.Don't be surprised that the majority of the people are ignorant of the difference.

Even in my "Lower East Side "social class,a class that faces watches ,and cars ,as tools and toys, ('s good to keep it in mind),they don't know it,well,most of them.

Just to clarify the situ,it's the same as a Judge against a private Lawyer relationship,in the court of Law....

On the other hand, returning to our theme,nobody said a bloody word about" pushing" the brand firms, in order to "downgrade' and produce cheaper

products (watches)

No comments appear in my asking for a $ 500 genuine Panerai.Breitling,Breguet,Lacroix,Omega,IWC Tag,and the list goes on no end...

But it is mid summer and it seems that most of the rep buyers are on vacation to exotic places, "After the Sunset",where a rep Panerai can stir questions

like the one that gov't FBI agent asked, ex James Bond " ooh nice watch,how much does it cost,a fortune ? " or something like that .Anyways...

To watch companies worldwide

A clever man can and must snap it out of thin air.

Make a wise use of your name and resources. Watch lovers are tired of buying faceless designs.Make your products

available to a wider market .The replica market is booming.If you don't do it ,there are many willing copiers out there,that can make it for you and get

the money that is lawfully yours.Don't be so cocky and say " there is no way to make a $ 500 Pan,Rol,Breit etc. It can be done,It is happening and you are loosing money.

Oh, and have no fear that you will become household words.Those seats are already taken ;)

I agree with you and see your point. But I honestly think that part of the reason we hold these watch brands so close and dear to us, is their exclusivity. I can't know for sure, but i'm sure if every 4th person on the street was wearing a panerai, chopard, or Audemars Piguet in the world, i wouldn't have the same desire to own the watches I do. There's something special about being unique and setting yourself apart from others... Unfortunately in order to make exclusivity.. the prices of any given product has to be relatively high. That being said.. just my 2cents

I agree with you and see your point. But I honestly think that part of the reason we hold these watch brands so close and dear to us, is their exclusivity. I can't know for sure, but i'm sure if every 4th person on the street was wearing a panerai, chopard, or Audemars Piguet in the world, i wouldn't have the same desire to own the watches I do. There's something special about being unique and setting yourself apart from others... Unfortunately in order to make exclusivity.. the prices of any given product has to be relatively high. That being said.. just my 2cents

Thanks for paying attention to my post.My point is ,that some things are better done than said.

You are right about the exclusivity factor,but consider this: The clever marketing and the enormous lines and quantities produced,by the SEIKOS,ORIENTS,

CITIZENS,CASIOS of this world, were a massive blow to the art of watchmaking. The decade of 1970t o 1980.was the years of glitter. The Japan industries

were desperate,in their quest for growth and conquer. The watches became a symbol of status,along with many others products,(cars).

The fact that turn everything upside down was the opening of the European markets ,under EEC rules and the end of the Luxury taxes that were imposed until then on watches and others products that were "a luxury" to the population of Europe.

The Swiss watchmaking community was too "small" a player in the field of free market. As you may know, the rest is history. Ask 1000 future watch buyers

and ,process the answers.The 95 percent would be Seiko, Citizen, Casio, Orient,and so on.Sometimes you'll get an answer like Timex Longines,Bulova,and

the glitzy folks will say DG,Camel,etc. Designer,life style watches with no value, other than the face one.

That 's for the part of your post ,that every 4 th person in the street will have a panerai etc.

I am afraid, no matter what, that the dice are cast,for a great many of small scale producers that took the untimely decision to remain .well "small ",and

play the exclusivity game.

Either you are in a market for healthy business and profit,or made a declaration that you are a hobbyist,filling you spare time and that's that

Edited by wjlamp