When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Nautilus question

triosLescano

The PP Nautilus is one of more wished steel sport watch of the world (with AP crono and Dayona)

Yesterday there was not a REP very good of this watch.

To day MBW have commercialized a very fine and detailed Rep of PP Nautilus Jumbo

But this watch is all mistaking.

1) The blue dial vanished is that one of the Jumbo Ref. 5711/1 43 milimeter, the measures (the see it in photo) would have to be those of the Jumbo Ref. 3700 , 42 milimeter

2) The ring of seconds is from the Ref. 3800 38 milimeter dial, but this dial GEN has roman numerals not standard markers and leaf hands, not stick.

3) Also the case is different , before 2006 the case was in 2 parts, to day is in 3 parts, excluding Ref. 5800/1 that has also today case in 2 parts.

4) The back in Ref. 5711/1 is in sappyre crystal, other versions is steel or sappyre.

The back in my idea is good in steel, because sappyre crystal or mineral glass leaves to see the movement, and ETA is very different regarding caliber PP 315 SC, 27 milimeter

You can pardon this and others defects, but the truly not acceptable defect in a REP very fine as MBW is the dial totally mistaken.

Not it is problem of price, to dial whit ring of seconds is identical (the cost of builting is identical) to dial with the second ones to dot.

Has the producer of the MBW drunk a bottle of whisky before copying the dial? It has stirred 3 GEN Nautilus and has realized a watch that do not exist-.

Asian producer is able to realize perfect copies, as the new Assioma Bulgari, identical to the GEN

MBW, MBW, why have you MISTAKED THE MOST IMPORTANT WATCH ?

PP 5711/1A

post-3745-1187432084_thumb.jpg

MBW

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=NAUTILUS

yep, MBW got it wrong, but obviously, who's going to notice, beside a PP AD?

I live in Paris and often go to London and Barcelona, I often do some watch window shopping, and believe me, I've seen the most outstanding windows in Europe.

For the past 10 years, I've seen 2 or 3 nautilus in an AD, no more (and I've looked at hundreds of AD, and dozens of PP AD).

To me, only a PP freak is going to notice such flaws, and they are very few of them (like yourself).

My guess is that, beside a real PP freak, nobody will notice. Any watch expert will focus on the details (finish, etc), and on that point, the Neutilus seems to be on the same level than the gen.

I think we're all agreed the MBK/MBW version is not a 100% accurate repro of an existing model....the seconds hand, the caseback etc. Not sure about the dial details you are referring to, but I'm sure one of the Nauty owners (Ubi perhaps) will step up and debate this with you. Whatever, by all accounts the MBK Nautilus is a VERY fine watch in terms of build quality.

Its possibly one of the best in terms of build quality, along with the APRO.

Sorry, sir, but "built quality" is fine construction, good detailed case, dial ecc... and MBW is good in this perspective.Ok

But quality for a rep is "fidelity" to GEN.

AP MBW have the seconds running at 9 in the subdial of crono minutes (0/30). All people, if has eyes, also if is not watch expert, see that it is a rep, a fake. But the built quality of AP is good. Good quality but not fidelity !!

If I desire a good quality watch for $ 500 I go in a jewelry and I buy a regular Hamilton, Lorenz, Pringeps, Kienzle, Lacroix, Swatch ecc......or a vintage Omega Longines ecc,, in Ebay.

If I buy a rep, I desire fidelity from GEN.

Of course, a rep for

This is a rep watch. Black dial.

Close enough for me.

post-22-1187457427_thumb.jpg

Just read today that Gerald Genta who designed this watch as well as the AP RO and IWC Ingy

has signed a contract with Hubolt to begin designing one of a kind pieces with his signature.

Now that will bring on some major 'banging' I'm sure.

Well, if anyone is so disgusted with their Jumbo Nautilus that it pains them to see it, please send it to me. My left wrist is already occupied with my blue face Jumbo, but I do have a right wrist open, as well as two ankles.

Bonus points if one of you wants to surrender a black faced Jumbo as it would afford me some variety.

The PP Nautilus is one of more wished steel sport watch of the world (with AP crono and Dayona)

Yesterday there was not a REP very good of this watch.

To day MBW have commercialized a very fine and detailed Rep of PP Nautilus Jumbo

But this watch is all mistaking.

1) The blue dial vanished is that one of the Jumbo Ref. 5711/1 43 milimeter, the measures (the see it in photo) would have to be those of the Jumbo Ref. 3700 , 42 milimeter

2) The ring of seconds is from the Ref. 3800 38 milimeter dial, but this dial GEN has roman numerals not standard markers and leaf hands, not stick.

3) Also the case is different , before 2006 the case was in 2 parts, to day is in 3 parts, excluding Ref. 5800/1 that has also today case in 2 parts.

4) The back in Ref. 5711/1 is in sappyre crystal, other versions is steel or sappyre.

The back in my idea is good in steel, because sappyre crystal or mineral glass leaves to see the movement, and ETA is very different regarding caliber PP 315 SC, 27 milimeter

You can pardon this and others defects, but the truly not acceptable defect in a REP very fine as MBW is the dial totally mistaken.

Not it is problem of price, to dial whit ring of seconds is identical (the cost of builting is identical) to dial with the second ones to dot.

Has the producer of the MBW drunk a bottle of whisky before copying the dial? It has stirred 3 GEN Nautilus and has realized a watch that do not exist-.

Asian producer is able to realize perfect copies, as the new Assioma Bulgari, identical to the GEN

MBW, MBW, why have you MISTAKED THE MOST IMPORTANT WATCH ?

PP 5711/1Apost-3745-1187432084_thumb.jpg

MBW

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=NAUTILUS

So? Buy one, you'll like it. End of story. I have a gen and the cloned rep of it. I wear the rep. Nice watch. BTW, it's make in TW, not T-land.

@ trioslescano I said APRO not APRO offshore, the RO as you may or not Know has no second hand, and I stand by what i said regarding build quality , I never mentioned 'fidelity to Gen' allthough you would probably never get called on any of the flaws on either of these 2 MBWs as most people have never even seen a gen and there are so many incarnations of the gen for it to be a problem.